Sometimes every thing goes right.

Guest Packards1

Guest imported_Packards1

After a year without a playing radio in my 400, I now have sound again. I started blowing the fuse last year every time I turned on the radio. I thought sure it was a short some where in the car. My son came over with a test light and declared everything on the car ok. That left the radio. While having another 1956 radio gone through at a local old time radio repair shop, I was talking to the 80 year old owner about my problem. My intention was to replace the radio in my car with the one he had just gone through. He told me to change the vibrator as it could be the problem. Sure enough, I changed the vibrator and I have tunes again. I guess the moral of the story is, look for the simple solutions first. I am driving the car to Perrysburg Ohio for the Packard show tomorrow, and will have music all the way down there.

P1 (sarge)--My old electronics instructor used to say "look at the easy things first". He used to joke "it's a good thing some of you guys aren't doctors, if your patient had a headache you'd want to do brain surgery right away, when they only needed an asprin"

See you @ Perrysburg.