90 Convertible Project car

Guest waxbgone

Guest waxbgone

Does anybody want to restore a white 90 convertible to its former glory. My second (of 4) has returned from 2 years of service turning heads for my blonde granddaughter. It is pretty rough shape, but it is restorable. The odometer says 176,000 miles, most of which I put on when she was my daily driver for a 100 mile round-trip to work.

It is white with dark red interior and black body-side mouldings. There is no body damage, and a little surface rust around the rear wheel wells. The white top was replaced a few years back, and is fairly good. The seats were reupholstered before I bought the car, and they look great. The drivers door panel is shot, as is the steering wheel leather. The engine runs fine, and the oil pressure is good. The transmission goes backward, and forward in first gear only (I don't know why). Either the catalytic converter or muffler are bad (loud). Lots of little things need fixing, but all the convertible-specific parts are there and in pretty good shape.

I live in a suburb of Cleveland if you want to see (or preferably, buy) her. Bring a trailer or dolly unless you know how to get her out of first gear.

good price to a good home.

Guest waxbgone

I replaced the transmission pan gasket and refilled the transmission, and it now upshifts. Guess my Granddaughter let it run low on trans fluid.

Anyone interested at $2,500?

• 1 month later...