Help still needed on NY Auto Shows in late 1940's.

rogcal

Hi

Despite my research via the web on the NY auto shows of the late 40's, I can find no information on where any archives from these shows may still exist.

I had originally been told that the Daimler I was enquiring about may have been displayed at the 1946 NY auto show but a forum member sent me a news article from the NYT that the 1946 show was not going to take place.

Does anyone have any ideas where I may be able to find any archive material on the 1946?, 1947 and 1948 shows?

Also, would anyone know who the main Daimler dealer was in the late forties in NY?

Incidentally, the car in question was imported back into the UK from Florida in 2000 but still bears its original UK plates which makes me think it was purchased as a non running restoration project when imported into the US but was never completed, hencethe original UK plates being retained on it. Does the UK registration JDU 280 on a Daimler DE36 with a Hooper built body, chassis No 51212, ring any bells with anyone, particularly in Florida?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Roger Callow

Lincolnshire, England