1936 Airflow

Phillj

I just bought a 1936 Airflow and need help. Not only do I need parts, but I also need advice. Is there anything I should be aware of prior to beginning the restoration process? The car was parked 40 years ago (driven into the barn) and has been sitting since that time. I also have a cracked right rear tail light lense, missing fender skirts, missing wiper arms, and there will probably be more items as I get a chance to really look her over. Where do you find parts for these cars? By the way, I'm pretty sure I have a C10. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Guest JohnArthurSpinks

Congratulations on your most recent purchase of an Airflow.

Do you have a photo or two that you could post for us to see what you have.

Regards and contact if needed as I may be able to help.

John Spinks

Aussie Cp Coupe

email johnspinks@dodo.com.au

Phil,

The Airflow Club is a great place to get parts otherwise unavailable. The Club Store offers repro window rubber, weatherstrip and the like. Some are produced by Metro or Steele, but Club prices are better. The newsletter also has parts available from individuals as well. Andy Bernbaum (oldmoparts.com) is also an excellent source of parts.

But Airflows are very rare and parts for a specific model may or may not be available depending on what it is you're looking for. Then the possible Parts Car search comes into play (IF you can find one - that scarcity thing again).

Tom

Phil,

You can't link to a picture in your post from your hard drive. The picture(s) have to be stored on a server that allows external linking for posting. I use a website called Village Photos, http://www.villagephotos.com. Use the same html tags that you've used originally, but copy/paste their URL tag.

Good luck on finding parts. Airflows are not easy to find parts for. Luckily, when I purchased my 37, it was virtually 100% complete. I'm missing the front bumper guards, grille surround, the chrome front bumper bracket rings, hood ornament and the ring on the gear shifter knob. Otherwise, everything else is there.

Ilya