1936 Terraplanes Custom(62) vs Deluxe(61)

Can anyone enlighten me on the differences between the 1936 Terraplane Model 62 Custom, and the Model 61 Deluxe?

Was there that much difference?

I'd also like to find out about '36 production numbers. The Tech Details site indicates a total run for all models of Terraplane for 1936, but doesn't break it down. Anyone know where this info might be?

Thanks,

Tom

I'm not an expert, but generally the differences were in trim level and minor other things. I do know that the model 61 had its emergency brake on the floor, while the model 62 had a pull-handle mounted under the dash (as did most Hudsons from the mid-30's through the 50's).

Unfortunately, most of Hudson's records were thrown out at the time of the merger with Nash (to create American Motors) so in general we have only calendar-year totals for major brands such as Hudson or Terraplane, not breakdowns as to model or body style.

• 2 months later...

I've figured out the Series 62 Custom has a number of little upgrades, such as dummy light indicators in the dash instrument cluster, the climatic control on the carb, and a series of switches along the bottom edge of the dashboard for control of optional features. I'm sure there's more, but that come to light so far.

• 6 years later...