"54 Muscle"

Guest imported_MrEarl

Gosh.. my hubby is also into old houses. We plan to get a old farm house or similar in the UK next year or so. But sometimes I which not -- wink.gif will barely see hubby since he will either do the car or the house... smile.gif

Cheers Dyna

PS: Would love to hear more of your creations Lamar but maybe in a private mails since it's not a Buick smile.gif

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dyna</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gosh.. my hubby is also into old houses. We plan to get a old farm house or similar in the UK next year or so. But sometimes I which not -- wink.gif will barely see hubby since he will either do the car or the house... smile.gif

Cheers Dyna

PS: Would love to hear more of your creations Lamar but maybe in a private mails since it's not a Buick smile.gif </div></div>

Now when you say "old" in the UK, you're really talking OLD. I was so glad to save as much of those old houses, school buildings etc as I could. Just like old Buicks, it breaks my heart to see them demolished.

Regarding your PS. The house, the barn, the wellhouse... they're the "Me" in "Me and My Buick" just as much as anything that has to do with Buicks. I think it's good to share more about your person here. Creates more interest in each other and ties us all together into one big happy Buick family. Just my opinion... smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrEarl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Now when you say "old" in the UK, you're really talking OLD. I was so glad to save as much of those old houses, school buildings etc as I could. Just like old Buicks, it breaks my heart to see them demolished.

</div></div>

Na I'm (well hubby) actually more refereing to what you would call Victorian upto around mid sixties. Especially art deco..... I'm not to much of a thinker in that department more than that I like when it homely -- and the two houses you had in your pictures would really fit my bill smile.gif. Hubby is more like you don't like to see them "crushed" or turned into nasty shops where everything original is gone..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrEarl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Regarding your PS. The house, the barn, the wellhouse... they're the "Me" in "Me and My Buick" just as much as anything that has to do with Buicks. I think it's good to share more about your person here. Creates more interest in each other and ties us all together into one big happy Buick family. Just my opinion... smile.gif</div></div>

I guess you are right.. I mean about the me in me smile.gif. Liked your family pictures by the way. Looked like you all had a very nice Tday. It was nothing more than a normal Thursday overhere. If you come to the UK please make sure to give us a buzz smile.gif...

Cheers Dyna

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you come to the UK please make sure to give us a buzz smile.gif... </div></div>

uhmmmm, maybe I can stow away in a certain Cadillac trunk just before they load it into the container. Pack plenty of Vienna saucages,crackers Moon Pies and RC Cola. smile.gif

Guest imported_MrEarl

Looking forward to seeing those pictures. I hope you will start your own Me and My Buick thread as it would certainly be interesting. Let me know if I can help with pictures as they can get tricky sometime. In the meantime here is another video I just uncovered from the PanAm. LOVE this car and this race. How I would love to run "54 Muscle" there someday, not necessarily as modified but as vintage original.

More Buick 115 on utube

uhmmmm, maybe I can stow away in a certain Cadillac trunk just before they load it into the container. Pack plenty of Vienna saucages,crackers Moon Pies and RC Cola. smile.gif </div></div>

Hmm I think it might be a bit cramped but then if you made it possible to open from inside you could possibly pop it and take a walk once in a while. grin.gif

Ah, I'm sorry to say we don't have moon pies and RC Cola here. So you better buy a big stash before you head over otherwise you might be in trouble since you can't continue with your healthy diet smile.gif...

Cheers Dyna

Gary: Here are the pictures.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=1498lymr.3q2qjazz&x=0&y=-d0h7o

I am sorry the car is so dirty. As you will se they modified the hood to allow the engine to breathe since it can get too hot. Also the trunk was modified to let some air cool the gas tanks. So it has an intake and some exits. I added some pictures of the enterior as well as the breakes. Hope you can understand more than I out of them.

Great pictures. Thanks for posting them. Having built a race car, I can see why this thing is so expensive. I just love the idea of a '54 Buick race car. Would love to have one to run on my local road course. But then, I don't have 50 bigs ones sitting around for race cars anymore. Been trying to sell a C5 Race car for a while. Now I want to keep it! Every time I watch your vids, I want to go racing again! Thanks! Gary

Guest imported_MrEarl

I noticed in another picture the fender portholes are turned backward, as if collecting instead of exhausts... are they functioning as intakes for something? I've also got to ask, was consideration ever given to building a Nailhead for the car? say maybe a 425 GS dual-quad. Plenty of torque in them babies.

Yes. The portholes are backwards to allow more air into the engine. Anything to help keeping it cool. Although I have more issues with the gas temperature than with the engine. My engine works at around 170 degrees. When racing it may go up to 210... but as soon as get into a transit it will cool down quite fast back to 170... To keep it cool it is a must. Remember that we do not only race, we have to go through cities (along with traffic lights), small towns, etc. Therefore if the engine gets hot when not moving, you will not survive.

Regarding the engine that you mentioned, it is impossible. This car was constructed for a very especific task: La Carrera Panamericana, thus the engine (and everything!) is within the rules wich indicate (and I had to look this up!)a maximum of 6,000 CC / 366 Cubic inches / 1 carburator up to 600 cfm.

If you are wondering what the rules are, you can find them at

www.lacarrerapanemericana.com.mx

Guest imported_MrEarl

That's interesting. I recall at least 4 of the 54's I have purchased over the years have had the portholes installed backwards. one of them being "54 Muscle". I always assumed it was a mistake on most of them but I've always wondered if it was on purpose on 54 Muscle. 54 Muscle also had the 4th porthole added, thereby increasing the airflow by a small amount.

Thanks for the link re the rules of the race. Here it is in English.Looks like I will not be able to run the Edmunds with dual Carter quads frown.gifsmile.gif. I will read them more in depth as to classes but I am hoping there is a class for vintage original.

• 4 months later...
Guest El_Diablo

After scanning a few more things I stumbled over some Mexican 1954 Buick things...

I wish my Spanish would be better!

1954_buick_ad_mexico.jpg

panamericana_buick.jpg

Guest imported_MrEarl

Oh man, I love that Pan American magazine cover. It is now my background. Can you email me that picture, so maybe it will be clearer. Also if you EVER see it on ebay again, please let me know.

Guest El_Diablo

It means, that your display resolution is 1024 pixels wide and 768 pixels high. You do not have to change it. smile.gif I just needed this info to resize the image to your screen resolution. You've got mail! wink.gif