1954 New Yorker Deluxe

JimW

Not sure what you mean. If you have an a/c car any good a/c shop should be able to get a compressor or adapt one. If your car did not come with a/c there are antique air conditioning speciallists who make brackets to put a modern pump on your car. I think one of the companies is called Vintage Air, there are others.

Hi Rusty. The car is an a.c. car but the compressor had been removed. I don't know how likely it is I can find an original, perhaps one needing to be rebuilt, or ,as you suggest, maybe I should just try a retofit with some other product.

• 2 weeks later...

[color:"orange"] jim, a/c in 54 chryslers was very rare. you can check the boneyards listed in hemmings but i suspect you will pay alot for an old unit that will then cost alot to rebuild. after you spend alot of time and money you may end up with a a/c system that is not all that reliable anyway.its up to you of course, but usually for the amount of driving we do with our old cars, opening the windows is good enough. if your car has the a/c option it should have power windows too. i have seen these a/c units on ebay, but very expensive. dennis

• 7 years later...