Purolator oil filter question

Guest 1930

Hello, I have a 29/30 Dodge DA which originally came with a purolator oil canister. I have a couple of bad pictures of what I believe was the original sticker on that oil filter before I destroyed it by washing the canister in kerosine. I have purchased a Purolator catalog from the 40s and it has given me the info that the first Purolator came about in 23 and that Maxwell was the company that used Ernest Sweetlands Purolator filter exclusively on their cars in 24 and I am hoping in subsequent years. I am hoping that someone amongst Maxwell owners could show me what their original oil filter looks like during the years of 24-30. I am really after a picture of the oil sticker and dimensions so that I may reproduce this for my cars filter. The catalog states that for my car a replacement cartridge of kit # 13 or 19 would have been used but I have no picture of either of these kits, does anyone have an earlier catalog than the one that I have found? Does anyone have any suggestions on where I should look? I have tried contacting Purolator but they refuse to answer my e-mail and have searched the internet in every way that I can think. Any suggestions would be appreciated...

post-48869-143137929169_thumb.jpg

• 8 years later...

Packard, Pontiac and Buick for three used a similar oil filter. Bob's Automobilia sells one that looks original but opens and contains a modern spin on filter. I have three original ones for my Pontiac but have installed one from Bob's and the originals are real scarce. It has taken me 50 years to find the three NOS that I have. Mid 30' to 50's Plymouth had a different looking filter that used the same fittings. They seem to come up quite often on ebay. Here are five of them on ebay right now. The last one is the most expensive but it is an original Mopar. 171693171046, 321149822917, 310759602126, 371105241000, 301372768210.