1936 Olds Coupe

Just wondering if there are any others out there working on 30's olds. Have one in very good condition with every thing original but no motor or trans installed. Can get motor and trans which probably need rebuild, but considering leaving the patina and installing a newer drive train. This is a rust free car that has been stored inside and has its original 1971 California black plate on from the last time it was driven its 800 or so miles north, where it was parked up till now.

post-47125-14313792712_thumb.jpg

That sure looks like a great start, '36 - looks solid, complete and original other than your dissasembly so far. So many of these cars have been cut and changed to modern drivetrains, etc. - to each there own but you have something that does not show up every Sunday at the shows. Rod it and it will probably not be as desirable as the Ford/Chevy bodies these guys like in the end. It will cost you as much or more as a Ford based rod if you cannot buy as much out of the box stuf and need to fabricate more, etc. Restore it, and you will have saved a great example of a desirable everyday (for the day) bodystyle that is now pretty rare. Just a thought, good luck either way..

Guest 37OldsCoupe

Nice looking car, I wish I would have found a 36. I have a 37 coupe that I am street rodding. Putting a small block olds in it. If you are looking for a motor, I have a freshly rebuilt 230 from the 37. Also have two 3-speed transmissions. One is for parts. I am located in North Dakota.

Rick

I have a 35 sedan which I will be dragging home in the next few weeks from it's long term storage at a GM dealers barn.

I wanted to try and revive, but I'm facing finacial opposition! It has the orig. engine and trans. I will probably list it as complete, but if no takers then I will part.

post-51162-143137927134_thumb.jpg