Chrysler Royal 1937... NEED HELP!!!!!

Guest bennyf

Please help me!

If someone have ANY information about the Chrysler Royal 1937, please send it to me !!!

And help me decoding the Serial Number : 9708372

And the list of standard equipment and the options available.

Thanks

Ben

(Normally, I'm speaking french(Thanks for understanding))

It is a sedan 4 door. I took this number in the right door channel(??????). It is written Serial No..

If you know how many of those vehicule were built, I want to know.

Thanks for answering my questions,

Ben

Bennyf....I also like mymolalla cant make that serial # for a chrysler ,i have a list of the Fedco numbering system that chrysler used back then, and the only way that # comes up is through Plymouth. Most Chrysler vehicles that were exported to another country back then were re badged Plymouths with upgraded upholstery etc. What does your engine # start with if it is a 37 Plymouth bodied Chrysler it will start with either p3 or p4 if Chrysler it should be c16 for the royal series

Hi,

I didn't check this because it's not my car yet. I want to buy it. That's why I want so much informations. I want to know if this car is worth buying. If someone can tell me what I need to check before buying this car, I would be happy. Do you have an idea how much should I pay for? It is a Chrysler Royal 1937, complete, not running, need complete restoration, a little rust thru body, good frame, all the glasses are intact, spare front, spare interior, spare motor plus 5 transmission, approx. 6 pressure plate, anyway...lots of spare parts. He is selling with the Chrysler a Plymouth 1935 with a lot of work to do. I think the car made rollovers but the car is complete. He is selling the 2 cars for 3000$CAN, is it a good deal ?

Thanks a lot,

Ben

Guest imported_Bill-W

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please help me!

If someone have ANY information about the Chrysler Royal 1937, please send it to me !!!

And help me decoding the Serial Number : 9708372

And the list of standard equipment and the options available.

Thanks

Ben

(Normally, I'm speaking french(Thanks for understanding)) </div></div>

Your 1937 Chrysler Royal was built in Canada, which is why it does not appear in any American lists. And as it is 1937 model, it does not have a FEDCO number, which Chrysler last used in 1930.

Canadian 1937 Chrysler serial numbers :

C16 - Royal : 9706386 to 9709264

C14 - Imperial : 9756331 to 9756825

Canadian prices for the 1937 Chrysler Royal :

2-door Business coupe : $930

2-door Rumble seat coupe : $995

2-door touring sedan : $1015

4-door touring sedan : $1065

2-door convertible coupe (imported) : $1175

4-door convertible sedan (imported) : $1595

For the long-wheelbase (132") models :

4-door, 7-passenger, sedan : $1340

Standard equipment included very little - two taillamps. two inside sunvisors, 3-speed manual transmission, etc.

Overdrive was a $50 option. The heater was also optional.

The engine in your Chrysler, if the engine number starts with C16, was built in Detroit, as was the transmission and rear axle.

Bill

Vancouver, BC

Thanks a lot Bill W., it is very useful but if you can tell me if it is a good deal to buy those two cars, it would help even more

Thanks everyone

Ben

Guest imported_BaronvonR

That number is the production number for the Deluxe Touring for the year 1937....It was a banner year for Plymouth for that model.

BvR

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest bennyf

I would like to know what are the original colors of the motor ?

I saw blue head and grey block, is it right?

Thanks

Ben

Guest elmo39

No they were paintd silver right into the 50's ,it wasn't a real shiny silver , i have found that bright aluminium automotive paint tinter is real cliose match

• 2 months later...

You, guys are great! Found this thread by accident. I have two '37 Royals. One is original except for paint, tires and a couple windows. Even have the original upholstery and rear window shade. The other I bought for parts but the engine purrs so I'm going to restore when I have time. I'll be back when I have problems. Gotta find a leak in the brake line now.

• 11 years later...
  • 1 year later...