Setting the record straight - and a fresh start.

Peter Gariepy

For the past 4-6 months there has been a tremendous amount of hard feelings flying about in the Packard forums. From my perspective here are some of the reasons why:

1.Conspiracy theories implying collusion with Packard clubs and their directors, officers and employees.

2.Public discontent in response to simple suggestions on how to best use the forums.

3.Personal attacks against the Administrators and Moderators of this forum.

4.Discontent when a large number of posts were deleted accidentally. (just in the past few days)

Let me set the record straight.

1.These Packard forums are solely owned, run, and managed by the AACA. PAC and PCI have no say in its management or direction. Nor have they requested any.

2.Forum Moderators and Administrators are obligated to make sure the forums are used as intended. When it is not then their suggestions should be noted and respected.

3.Personal attacks against anyone will NEVER be tolerated. Period.

4.The moderators are human, and extenuating circumstances aside, the loss of posts was a major mistake that should not have happened. Procedures have been put in place to prevent this from happening again in the future.

5.You are expected to understand and respect the need to moderate the forum. Its done for your benefit after all. To keep the peace, to delete unrelated posts, to prevent and remove personal attacks ? and to generally keep the forum a pleasant place to visit.

The AACA generously provides this forum FREE to the Packard community ? and has done so now for over 4 years. The AACA provides the same service to to 30 other car communities including Buick, Oldsmobile, Studebaker, Chrysler, Lincoln and Dodge. The Packard forum is the only one with this much ?Drama?.

Respect the fact that the moderators and administrators volunteer their time. No one is compensated for their efforts.

With over 20,000 users, 5,000,000 visits a year, 78 forums and over 500,000 posts ? the AACA forums are the largest and most popular antique car forums on the net. Those involved in this forum are very proud of it, but also realize that the forums are nothing without the users.

WITH THAT SAID, LET ME EXTEND THIS PEACE OFFER:

A)For those of you in the Packard community who have been banned for breaking the forum rules you are welcome back. You are simply obligated to follow the forum rules ? just like everyone else. Simply re-register and participate.

B)For those of you have have asked to be deleted or those that simply stopped using the forums because of the ?drama? - please come back.

Expectations:

Stop the conspiracy theories, finger pointing, harassment, personal attacks and most of all -- STOP THE DRAMA. Get back to talking about our favorite topic ? ANTIQUE CARS!

In the future if you have an issue with how the forum is run them SPEAK UP! Moderators answer to the Webmaster (me). The Webmaster answers to the AACA VP of Internet, and the VP answers to the AACA President. On top of that the club also has an Executive Director and Legal council you can contact if you feel it is necessary.

I'm not looking for a response to this, therefore I'm closing this thread. We welcome you back if you wish to use it.

Regards,

Peter