Caravan to Buick Nationals in Seattle - ID, MT, and Eastern WA

Centurion

Tad Leach from Coeur d'Alene, Idaho has advised me that he is organizing a caravan from Coeur d'Alene in northern Idaho to the BCA National Meet in Seattle. This would be a great opportunity for members from Montana, northern Idaho, and Eastern Washington to join in a caravan.

For members arriving from farther east via Interstates 90 and 94, it's also an option for the final day's travel to the National Meet. Derek, Joe, John, and others traveling from the east might want to consider this idea.

Tad will be bringing his beautiful 1954 Roadmaster Model 72R, and will be traveling from Coeur d'Alene to the Seattle area on Tuesday, July 24.

If you wish to join this caravan, please contact Tad at 208-765-6193 or taddio@aol.com . Please make sure that you include "Buick National" in the subject line of your e-mail.

For those arriving in the Coeur d'Alene area on Monday, Tad recommends the following hotel:

Ameritel Inn

333 W. Ironwood Drive (at interchange of Interstate 90 with U.S. 95 S.)

(208) 665-9000

Be sure to book early, because Coeur d'Alene is a major tourist destination.

For those arriving on Monday, Tad is offering the added bonus of hosting an evening boat cruise for Buick travelers on spectacular Lake Coeur d'Alene.

Back in 2003, Tad organized festivities for folks traveling through Coeur d'Alene on their way to the Buick Centennial. We enjoyed a Buick show, all Buick parade, and dinner at the Hot Rod Cafe. You can glimpse Tad's '54 Roadmaster at the left in this photo from our dinner stop.

203IM002539-med.JPG

Here are a couple of shots of Lake Coeur d'Alene:

BoatAerial.jpg

LakeAerial.jpg

Guest imported_Thriller

Thanks for posting this Brian. We are actually planning on coming from the Canadian side after visiting with friends in Cranbrook, BC, through Creston straight to Coeur D'Alene. This could be a good option, especially since the plan is to get there on Tuesday, which is when we've got our hotel booking starting.

Is there anyone here who will be driving from the Boise, Idaho area? I'd like to find a local contact who could help organize a caravan from that area. Please e-mail me at brianL@americanconstco.com .

Growing up in nearby Eastern Oregon, I remember that Anderson Buick in Boise, Honstead Motors in Nampa, and Bunny Buick in Caldwell were delivering lots of new Buicks forty plus years ago. I'm hoping that we'll see a good turnout from that area.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest imported_Thriller

Yes, we've e-mailed once or twice...I'll have to send him another note now that I have the room booked.

• 1 month later...