Auto-Lite 1-14 (igw -3028Xs) point set

Clipper47

I have a box of 10 Auto-lite 1-14 (IGW3028XS) point sets which I purchased for my 1947 Packard. They don't quite fit. I find in my reference books that the No. IGW3028 is correct for some Packard models. What the Xs signifies I cannot find an answer. If anyone has an Auto-lite parts book who would be able to identify which models of cars or trucks these point sets fit I would be very grateful. Thanks. Photo Attached.

post-44130-143137923584_thumb.jpg

Guest sanmartin72

thaat point set you have crossed over to

borg warner - A99V

standard ignition - A5255P

echlin -- CS721A

those fit 1956 dodge coronet,custom ,and truck engine ? =331 or 392

,1956 desoto firedome and firelite

you might try borg warner a70

but find out dist number

MARTIN

IGT is the Autolite distributor prefix. The points for the 40-50 super eights should be IGP-3028-MS. I don't know what the X stands for.

How do these points differ from your original?

The distributor is an Auto-Lite IGT-4023 Distributor and the point set listed for it is, as JT wrote, a IGP-3028-MS. The points I have will fit but the flat spring notch is a bit to long and in order for the point to fit the spring must be bowed out to fit which probably puts added pressure on the rubbing block. In other words they work but are not correct.

• 8 years later...

Auto-lite 1-14 (IGW-3028-XS) point set is an enigma.  I'm wondering if A-L did a recall??

Other brands offer their version of IGW-3028-XS, crossover charts have:

Ampco- AL36  

Filko-  76-101  

Echlin- CS17

Guaranteed- AL9397

The Ampco & Filko catalogs I checked had extensive application info on their pages but nothing on  IGW-3028-XS or the substitutes listed.

PS: I can't find the crossover Martin describes

PPS: Splitting hairs,  The "I" on the box looks like a exclamation mark "!"

Edited by drwatson (see edit history)

• 5 months later...
Guest 1928s6

Hi drwatson

The AL36 / IGW3028 is what I use in my Essex and if you are not wanting to keep these I would be keen to buy - do let me know. Do they have the small screw piece?

Thanks

Alistair Howard, New Zealand

On 3/21/2016 at 4:36 PM, 1928s6 said:

Hi drwatson

The AL36 / IGW3028 is what I use in my Essex 'and if you are not wanting to keep these I would be keen to buy - do let me know. Do they have the small screw piece?

Thanks

Alistair Howard, New Zealand

Hi Alistair, The owner of the  IGW3028XS  plugs is "Clipper47".  You might try sending him a private message about your interest in the plugs. 

Jim

Edited by drwatson (see edit history)