1936 Airflow parts available

rhford

I have several 1936 Chrysler Airflow parts available. Complete inline 8 (minus head), transmission, front/rear suspension, shocks, steering, front / rear axles, radiator, 3 hubcaps, door latches, windshield frame, etc. Yes I am going to "street rod" this one. Believe me, there is way to many parts missing from this vehicle to restore as original. It will be all Chrysler. 5.7 Hemi, 8 3/4 rear, etc. If your interested, send me an email. Thank You.

Guest JohnArthurSpinks

Bob,

Thank you for emailing the images of the windshield so promptly.

I have reviewed all of the images and am concerned at what appears in images 140_4059 and 140_4066.

I think with all respect that the rust out or tin worm underneath is a little more severe than what is evident on the outside.

I would ask you to remove the badly broken glass and inspect the lower sections of the frame channel as well as the lower seal groove and advise on its condition as it is a hell of a long way to send an item where their is some doubt as to its structural integrity to Australia only to find that it is not a restoreable item.

Regards

John Spinks

• 2 weeks later...

Actually I was just about to contact you. I have located a 34 Chrysler Airflow in bad shape - no drivetrain but I am sure you want a fair price for your parts and for heavy items like that, a person would need to pick up, so add the cost of $2.15 per gallon gas to the cost of parts.

I would try ebay. I know it's a pain to do part by part but there are a lot of closet Airflow geeks out there that have Chrysler Airflow set up as a frequent search and but almost anything related to Airflow.

Where are located? Also - does the transmission have the overdrive included (that you know of)?

I understand the shipping issues with these parts. Believe me, I've been there to. I just don't want to throw this stuff away. Someone can certainly use these parts. Your right about Ebay. That is most likely the place to advertise, and make the most from these parts. I would rather sell everything at a VERY fair price and sell it as a lot. I've contacted the Chrysler museum and they may have some folks that are interested.

The parts are located in Michigan. The transmission is gone. This weekend I'm going to try and take some detailed pictures. I'll be happy to email to anyone that may be interested.

Did you buy the 34 that was on Ebay?

Thanks

No - I saw the 34 Airflow on a project cars for sale website but he has been putting his cars on ebay lately, so maybe he put the 34 Airflow on there as well. It's a long shot, it's very rough and I have owned a 36 C9 before that was stripped of it's valubale Airflow parts and I didn't have enough to work with.

This could be your 36. The body is very solid. Great sheet metal and frame. The majority of the specific Airflow parets are long gone. That's the biggest reason this makes such a great street rod candidate. It would absolutely be cost prohibitive to try and restore this one original.

Still have many of the drive train parts if anyone is interested. I should be able to start stripping the car in the next few weeks.

Thanks

Bob

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
Guest fernando campelo

hi! perhaps it´s later but I would like to know if you have an intake manifold and an exhaust manifold like the photo that I attach for my 1936 airflow? Thanks!

post-69783-143138304069_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...