Hello, and a question on production numbers for 1959

K5ING

Hello from Texas. I've been an "Olds man" all my life, and so has my father. Oldsmobiles he's had, and that I remember, have been a 1954 Olds 98, 1958 Olds Fiesta wagon, 1967 Olds Delmont 88, and a 1972 Olds Delta 88. I've owned two 1969 Olds Cutlass 'S' (couple and convertible), a 1962 Olds Starfire hardtop, and currently own a 1961 Olds Super 88 Holiday sedan.

I have a question concerning production numbers for 1959. Specifically, how may full-sized Olds station wagons (88, S88 and 98) were built in 1959? Also, I know that Ionia built the bodies, but does anyone know if the chassis were supplied with final assembley in Ionia, or were the bodies shipped to the various Olds plants around the country?? If it's the latter, a breakdown by location of wagons only would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff in Texas

'59 Super 88 Fiesta production was 7,015. Dynamic 88 Fiesta production was 11,298. There were no 98 Fiestas. I've got a build sheet on my website for a '62 Fiesta wagon with an Ionia produced body. The wagon was built in Doraville, GA, so they must have shipped the bodies to various plants, which makes no sense to me.

Paul

Many thanks, Paul. That's the information I was looking for. Someone is trying to sell a friend of mine a '59 Olds wagon, saying it was a very rare car. He (my friend) just knew it was a "big '59 Olds wagon", and didn't know if it was a Super, or Dynamic 88. I'll pass the information along.

Thanks again,

Jeff in Texas