Idle problems please help!!

cstemm

Out of the blue, my 90 reatta started to have idling problems. I was driving about 50mph and the car just bogged down and the service engine light came on. I've read that some people are having this sort of problem but i thought i could use some advice. The car is hesitating at the line. It wants to go but can't for about 3 seconds then it takes off and runs fine. The car seems to run fine under load. But once its idling it starts to jump around. I've had the car stall out on my several times but it starts right back up and i can keep it running. The car runs better cold but still not perfect. Once the car heats up to normal temperature and i shut it off and try to restart it, it just stalls unless i give it gas. Any adive would be great I already tried some of the things. Like Oxygen sensor and thermostat. Please let me know what you think. Thanks

Curt

Curt,

I would suggest 1st go to www.reatta.net and click on diagnostics. Follow the instructions for a 90 model and check your "E" codes.

Come back to the forum with the E codes if any, and also tell us the repair history and mileage of your car....for instance when you last replaced your plugs/plug wires, coil and ICM, has the IAC been cleaned, etc and so on....