65 wildcat, whats the difference between 2dr coupe/deluxe/custom

magnum440

can anybody inform me on the difference on the 65 wildcat coupe/deluxe and the custom all i know is that i've got did have electric seats? so i'm not shaw on which modle i've got,i'm kind of stuck but until i get it home so any info would be a big help thks ty

The differences were in the interior trim.

Check the VIN number:

46237: Wildcat

46437: Wildcat Deluxe

46637: Wildcat Custom

If the car has a bench seat (rather than bucket seats), you'll know that it's a Custom if it has a notch-back front seat with fold-down center armrest.

• 2 weeks later...

In 1965, there were many interiors available,

Here are pictures of the base interior (in a 1965 Wildcat 4 door hardtop sedan 45239), a very similar interior was used in the base LeSabre model

image017wm0.jpg

image018pj4.jpg

Here is a LeSabre Custom Convertible (45467), it has the same trim as the base Wildcat and base LeSabre closed models (with all vinyl seats instead of cloth and vinyl) and the Wildcat DeLuxe convertible (46467).

This LeSabre Custom has bucket seats

454675d1175029cf1.jpg

This Wildcat DeLuxe convertible has a bench seat and the armrests are missing but you can see it uses similar trim/door panels as the other cars above.

dsc00291dh2.jpg

Here's the Wildcat DeLuxe and LeSabre Custom trim found in the closed models.

The upgrades include carpeted lower door panels and kick panels (hard to see in some of these pictures) different seat patterns and a different steering wheel. Outside, I think it has standard larger stainless mouldings at the top of the doors on hardtops and stainless door window frames on pillared sedans.

Wildcat DeLuxe 4 door hardtop (46439)

464395h953790a1we4.jpg

464395h953790a10fa8.jpg

Wildcat DeLuxe 4 door sedan (46469)

4doorseat800po0.jpg

Same trim in a LeSabre Custom 2 door hardtop (45437).

1965lesabre4rm4.jpg

The Wildcat Custom trim included C pillar mounted courtesy lights instead of a dome light (in closed models), an all vinyl notchback front seats (or vinyl buckets as an option, except in Canada where they were standard in the 2 door models), bright mouldings inside the car around the windows as well as a different headliner and sunshades. The Wildcat Custom 4 door hardtop model also had an fold-down armrest on the rear seat.

(46639)

1965wildcatcustomus7lk5.jpg

1965wildcatcustomus1ge7.jpg

466375c1121186av1.jpg

(46637)

drverdrcb8.jpg

And this interior was an extra-cost option on the Wildcat Custom 4 door hardtops that were made in Canada (46639) and in standard equipment on the Wildcat Custom 4 door pillared sedans made in Canada (46669 -this model wasn't available in the US). It included coth and vinyl bench seats with front and rear armrests and different door panels. Metal armrests like those in the Electra 225 were included, door panels were similar to those of the base Electra 225 with an added door pull and the seats used the same cloth as the Electra 225 Custom.

dscf0853az1.jpg

dscf0852gg9.jpg

Philippe thks very much again for the pix very helpful i'm hopeing to get some pix very soon of the cat last pix did'nt work so ell with my computer as the jpeg was to big i took the pix using a 10mega pix camera just to advanced for my comp so i'll see how they come out using only 3mega but until then thks.

Ty

Guest imported_Thriller

Philippe,

Have you contacted GM of Canada Archives? Since they charge for a vehicle evaluation, I'm not sure how they would be about answering questions, but they would have information on the trim codes (any firewall data plate code for that matter).

Guest 63Stude

I remember a friend's parents having a light turquoise '65 Wildcat 4-door Hardtop, apparently a Deluxe since it had matching cloth and vinyl interior that looked like the interior shown elsewhere in this post for a Deluxe. It was a real nice car.

I have always thought that it was too bad Buick didn't write "Deluxe" or "Custom" on Wildcat models, or "Custom" on Electra 225 models for that matter. Couldn't you see a car dealer either not knowing, or deliberately undercutting, a customer's trade-in value on such a car since it didn't say "Deluxe" or "Custom" anywhere on the car? I bet owners got lowballed on trades (given "Wildcat" or "Electra 225" trade-ins on Deluxe and Custom models) all the time. Customers themselves probably often didn't know the difference.

Bill

Philippe:

No luck on your "900" codes. Must be Canadian only. My book and chart use codes beginning with "4"

or "6" i.e. "403" or "603". I can send or fax you a copy of the chart appearing in my 65 Parts Book. Send me a Private Message with your numbers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I have always thought that it was too bad Buick didn't write "Deluxe" or "Custom" on Wildcat models, or "Custom" on Electra 225 models for that matter. Couldn't you see a car dealer either not knowing, or deliberately undercutting, a customer's trade-in value on such a car since it didn't say "Deluxe" or "Custom" anywhere on the car? I bet owners got lowballed on trades (given "Wildcat" or "Electra 225" trade-ins on Deluxe and Custom models) all the time. Customers themselves probably often didn't know the difference.

Bill </div></div>

And even dealers probably didn't know the differences...

• 12 years later...
On 1/8/2007 at 9:12 AM, Centurion said:

The differences were in the interior trim.

Check the VIN number:

46237: Wildcat

46437: Wildcat Deluxe

46637: Wildcat Custom

If the car has a bench seat (rather than bucket seats), you'll know that it's a Custom if it has a notch-back front seat with fold-down center armrest.

Do you know where I can find parts for my 1965 Buick Wildcat deluxe