65 wildcat parts 2dr coupe

magnum440

need any info on getting parts for a 401 65 wildcat 2dr coupe looking for both rear fenders and trim, posibly a new engine 401 or bigger if pos and interior lineing,also would like to change the front brakes to dics apart from that it still as all original glass and chrome, I must also point out that i'm very new to the world of muscle cars

I am sure some of us on here can help, but you'd really need to be specific on what parts you are searching for, and the body style of the car (i.e. coupe, conv, 4 door, etc). Are you looking for body parts, trim parts, NOS items, repro parts, chrome?

Have fun,

Matt

Guest imported_Thriller

There won't be much that changes over from a Skylark.

First, I have a '66 Wildcat 2-dr hardtop. At just over 4100 lbs., it stops just fine with four wheel power drums. Panic stops may be another issue, but I try to avoid putting myself in those situations.

The 401 is a high torque powerful workhorse. It will make that car get up and go. If you aren't happy with it, swap in a 425, which will bolt in and was available in the car. The ultimate would be a dual quad 425, but I begin to wonder whether you are just burning more fuel.

For body parts, try Ken at Wheatbelt Buick. Actually, it is possible they might have everything you need. As for quarters, sometimes I wonder whether it is necessary to swap them out. My car was rustier than some would even touch for a restoration - a competent body shop did a really nice job without replacement panels. They welded in their own patches - a few folks on here have seen the car and can attest to the body.

There's lots of stuff showing up on eBay all the time too.

Good luck and feel free to share a photo or two of your car here.

• 3 months later...