dash removel 52 Windsor

bebop138

Well I got the car back from the painters and started to remove as much of the dash as possible to paint it. I always hate dash work as the neck just does`nt bend as it used to. Can you drop the sterring wheel from the dash and move it down some without ruining anything?? I would like to remove the instrument cluster and the dash pad so it will be easier to paint and recover the dash pad. Atleast the wiring is good under the dash--will cut the harness just before it goes into the firewall and run all new stuff to the wires I have done already. All the garnish mouldings are all done so the dash is the last stuff to be painted---chrome will be back in March---lots to do , hope it`s back on the road in the spring. Got pics, can someone help me on how to put them on.

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys I got the whole dash out, I mean everything. Not as bad as I expected, but will take alot more time to re-assemble after it`s all repainted. Along with all the garnish mouldings it will look so nice--it`s worth it. Plus all the wires are all exposed and the rewiring will be so much easier----more later.......52er!