Oil filter for 49 newer style Windsor 6

CJV

wix, fram, hastings, all sell filters for your car. your local auto parts store can look up the number. napa has their own brand. i have a 54 windsor and mine is different.you may even be able to get the numbers on line, just google the manufacturer.roberts auto parts or andy bernbaum has them too. the filters are common and easy to get, usually about $8. dennis

There were actually 3 different filters for that engine. 4 if you count no filter at all.

Different models used different filters, in ascending range of cost. The cheapest was the bypass or partial flow, the best was the full flow. The cheapest one was a sealed can hung on the side of the engine with 2 steel lines to it. This had to be completely replaced when it got plugged. Next was a similar filter with a bolt on top, you could take out the cartridge and replace it. Finally the most expensive was a sort of tower that bolted right to the block.

• 6 years later...
Guest Tusler 49 New Yorker
Can someone tell me some part numbers and manufacturers of an oil filter for this car?

If you go to this site and put in the FRAM # CH192PL you get a competitor cross reference of oil filters that will work. I use this same filter in my 49 New Yorker but the new filters do not come with a "O" ring just gaskets, and my application uses an o ring so I will have to hunt that part up also.

http://www.framcatalog.com/PartDetail.aspx?b=F&pn=CH192PL