Paint Color Charts 1946-1948

Guest Billpatton

Guest Billpatton

Does anyone know of a complete list of paint colors and paint chips that were available from Chryslers in 1946, 1947 and 1948? I obtained an Acme 1948 color chart, but now find other colors were available in 1947 and 1948, and there are other paint charts such as Sherwin Williams, Ditzler and DuPont. The one I am most interested in is the Ditzler which had a chart of the seldom seen "Spring Colors". My 1947/48 Chrysler was originally Catalina tan, it is currently stripped to the bare metal and I want to paint it a different Chrysler color appropriate for the year. Thanks, Bill Patton 949-474-2000 ext. 222 (work). [color:"blue"]

Guest De Soto Frank

Try:

"www.autocolorlibary.com"

The site is sponsored by PPG, which owns Ditzler, and you can look-up the color-charts for your '48 there...

I believe their charts do list the "spring-time specials" , at least by number/combinations(on two-tone jobs)...

I did the same search for my '41 De Soto, as I am considering alternative factory colors for a repaint, as opposed to the original "basic black"...

Good luck !

• 16 years later...