1974 Electra Limited Coupe

Guest Electramanrob

Guest Electramanrob

Here is my latest Electra - a 1974 Electra Limited Coupe. This is an all-original car (except for the rear quarter extensions that I just had replaced) with a rare "steel top" (no vinyl)in vintage "Leaf Green Metallic." The car is like new (purchased from a fellow BCA member) and well-equipped with even the rare tilt/telescopic wheel. Just hit 81K miles. http:4104zzz74front-med.jpg4104zzz74side-med.jpg4104zzz74passside-med.jpg4104zzz74rearr.jpg4104zzz74rear-med.jpg4104zzz74insidefront-med.jpg4104zzz74insiderear-med.jpg

Rob, another nice Electra you picked up. I love the color. I know it wouldn't be a favorite for some people, but I always liked the greens that GM used in the '70's. My dad had several of these in 4drs, a '72, '74 and '76. I've always thought that I would like to find a nice one myself. My first choice would be a nice original low mileage 72, followed by a 76 or last choice a '74. I never personally liked the looks of the '73's. Since you seem to have a sixth sense finding these, can you give me a rough idea what a really nice one should cost? They seem to run anywhere from $5K on up over $10K. There has been what appears to be an extremely nice, something like 11,000 mile '76 coupe for sale in MI for $9800. Price seems pretty reasonable to me, but it has been for sale forever.

Guest Electramanrob

Thanks. The color is actually "Leaf Green Metallic." There was a different green that year called "Ranch Green" - it was a flat pea/mint green color. This is a metallic medium green.

Guest Electramanrob

Thanks. Personally, I think the 71-76 Electras are way undervalued on the market. Nice ones are becoming much harder to find with the derby crowd finishing off all the rest. I too have seen the ad for that low mileage 76 you referred to for quite some time and, in comparison to the prices for the muscle cars and more popular collectibles, would still seem like a good value (although the asking price is at the very top of the typical asking price scale).

Rob,

Nice, rare model there. The 2-dr. hardtop Electras of the 1970s are so hard to find. Believe it or not, there is one here in my town--a pale yellow 2-dr. hardtop with no vinyl roof, but it is the bottom-of-the-line '74 Electra, not the Limited, so it has vinyl upholstery, and less ornate door panels and armrests. Been a local car since new. A local Buick dealership employee recently bought it when it was traded in there. I agree with you, the separated headlights on the '74s look kind of dorky, but everything else about the car flows well and looks great.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Sherman, Texas

Guys:

Driving today I found myself following a 74 Electra coupe. Burgandy with a white landau top, sport wheels as you have pictured, and bad fiberglass rear fender tips above the rear tail lights. Cat looked solid as if it hadn't been subjected to our omnipresent road salt here. I'd bet, too, that the older gentleman driving it while peering over the steering wheel is the original owner. Our chapter periodically has a Buick show with a local dealership to smoke out these cars in town. I'll look forward to seeing this one again.

• 2 months later...
Guest grkman1

Beautiful My Dad bought one new. I remember it cost him $5400.00 Big difference from today. I would love to have one If you know of any other, let me know

Thanks

post-48343-143137916529_thumb.jpg

There is a 1973 (not a '74) Electra 2-dr. hardtop for sale near me here in north central Texas. Car has its original paint, no vinyl roof, runs and drives, over 100,000 miles, has been sitting in outdoor storage for a few years, so would probably need tires, belts, and hoses before going on a long trip. Owner is asking $2000 but I think $1500 would buy it.

Pete Phillips

Sherman,TX

• 2 weeks later...

I met up with the '74 Electra coupe that is here in town, yesterday when I was at the auto parts store. Luckily, I had my camera with me. The owner was very proud of the upholstery job he had just had done on the front seat (I didn't tell him it was the wrong material on an otherwise nice, original car). This one is not for sale, but seeing how it is rare, I thought I'd share my photo of it.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Sherman, TX

post-33059-143137916531_thumb.jpg