Seems like the world is out to get me these days

Guest sintid58

Guest sintid58

Lately it seems like the world has it out for me.

Couple weeks ago I got a call from a man who seemed to have a lot of information on me and my credit card. He was asking questions about a transaction in Omaha NE from August. He was rude but right away I suspected something. He tried to convice me he was with my banks fraud department and that he was chceking out fraudulant charges made on my credit card. Towards the end of the call he asked for my debit card security code and I told him I would not give that out. I told him if he would give his phone number, name and extension I would call him back to confirm who he was. He gave me a name and extension number and I called my banks 24 hour 800 number immeadiatly and was told that there was no one by that name there and there was no department with the name he had given me and no extension that number so I had them cancel my debit card right then. Thankfully no unknown charges ever showed up on the account.

Then Sunday while I was at work my wife called and we had a message from someone who had a car listed on Ebay with a buy it now price and he was sorry that he had not gotten back to us before but his computer had been down. If we were still interested he would relist the car on Ebay and if we wanted it just push the buy it now button and follow the payment directions. Well I was very happy that car was exactly what we wanted and the price was very reasonable, maybe a little too reasonable but after looking at all the cars from dealers with Barrett Jackson prices I had a little too much hope. When I got off work Sunday afternoon I went home and after hitting the buy it now button got a message to send his payment to an Ebay representative in TX through Western Union. Well I got in touch with Ebay and sure enough it was someone trying to commit fraud the car had not been relisted on Ebay but they had a very good copy of Ebay's pages.

To top that all off I sold the Riviera and before I had sold it I talked to the bank I had borrowed the money from in PA to make sure the quickest way to get the title. I talked to the four times before and during the auction and each time was told a different story but finally got through to a supervisor who said that if I would overnight the payment in full in a cashiers check to them with an enclosed FEDEX envelope that they would make sure to overnight it back to me the following day. I have lived in the state of South Dakota for most of my life and have always been sent any title and title release right to my house and then taken it to the court house to have the paperwork done. Sent the title with cashiers check on Friday 11/24 confirmed with Fedex that they received the title Monday 11/27 checked with them Tuesday 11/28 and yes they had the title and yes it would be going out either that morning or Wednesday. Checked my Fedex account Wednesday afternoon and no pickup had been made. Thursday morning I call the bank, we are sorry sir but according to our records the title has to be sent directly to your court house and not to you so we put it in the regular mail to them and made sure to include the fedex package. I live 20 miles from my court house a fed ex package isn't needed from there. Call the bank again Thursday morning and yes they had sent my title to my county in the mail it should be there no later than Monday and then he reads the name of the City and zip code they sent it to----------150 miles west of me to the wrong county court house. But sir we took the county code right off the title and that was what we used to find out where to send it and our people here have double confirmed it was sent to the right county. I have a good freind that works at my courthouse so I called her and she looked up my title in there computer system, the only county code on the title is 44 and that has been Lincoln County for over 50 years. Absolutely no offers from this bank to help or to do anything at any time. However after doing a lot of complaining they did offer to overnight a lein release to me overnight on Friday so I could have it Monday. For the life of me I have no idea what good a lien release is without a title and I tried to explain that to them but, have you ever tried to talk to a brick wall. ANYWAY Monday morning I called the other county courthouse and talked to a very helpful lady that said they would most certainly send the title to my court house rather than back to PA. Then I talked to my freind and she would let me know as soon as it arrived. Tuesday morning I had a message from my freind and they had already received the title and it would be ready that afternoon if I wanted to pick it up. I went to my courthouse to pick it up and my freind took me aside. They had sent the title, and a letter stating I no longer owed anything on the car but not a legal lien release. I gave her the paperwork they had sent to me overnight and guess what that was the same thing, not a legal lien release. She was not suppse to do it but after the title had arrived and she had seen the release wasnt correct she had called the bank to ask them to please send the proper paperwork to them so they could release the title. 3 hours 4 phone calls and 3 faxes later they still had not sent a legal lien release and my freind just stapled what she had together made notes of it, stamped my title with a legal lien release for me before I got there and every thing was set. No thanks to this huge bank from the Northeast US. If any of you wants to know the name of this bank I will private it to you so you will not use it.

I have contacted my own bank about financing the car this time, they are a big bank but at least they will work with a person.

Beside this the past 3 days on my way to work I have had 2 cars just about run into me while they were changing lanes without lookikng in there mirrors. I feel like calling in sick for a week.

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lately it seems like the world has it out for me.

</div></div>

I don't think that's the case Sid. I think it's more to do with the state of the world today, period. Sorry to hear you're catching it all at once though. It'll turn around. You deserve a nice 58 again, you'll find it.

Guest sintid58

Was really not trying to feel sorry for myself as much as tell the story. It amazes me that all that can happen in such a short time and then in the end it all really turned out alright anyway. As far as cars, Tina has it in her mind she wants another GSX but knows better. Looking for kind of a hot rod Skylark that is straight and original but maybe has a bit of an attitude tune up in the engine bay. Not necessarily a 455 but a good 350 with dual exhaust and flow masters. It will really depend on what we find first but there will be only one.

Guest sintid58

Really have to laugh at all of this, on top of everything else I have been working a part time job at a local call center until Christmas. Not really sure how the pay period workd (you would think a guy would check that) and I had thought I should get a check a week or so ago but I asked and someone said payday was the 8th and I should be getting a check then. Well I signed up for direct deposit and when I woke up to get ready for my night shift it wasn't deposited. So I called the company and guess what, they forgot to pay me, not just today but also for a check I should have gotten on 11/24. They are going to correct it but I wont see the check until Tuesday now.

That piece about the marbles makes a guy think. I was working 5 days a week 40 hours Salary position as customer service for large trucking company taking care of our home base and 4 surrounding states. Never seemed to have any money to do anything extra so everything we wanted to do last summer was canceled. I asked for a night position that came open at the company that paid the same and got it. Now I work Wednesday and thursday 5PM to 7AM and Friday 5PM to midnight and am off the rest of the week. So I took a part time job working until christmas and have been working another 32 to 35 hours each week there. Makes you appreciate the time off. After Christmas I will work only 2 days a week at the part time job so I will actually have a weekend even though I work 54 hours each week or so. At this time it is the only way I can have anything extra for what me and my wife enjoy the most which is Buicks. The Riviera was just not our cup of tea but I do think today I made a deal on a new/car to put in our garage and hopefully we will have the funds to do somethings with it also. Look for me to post something about it After December 19.