1938 - 40C restoration

Only Buicks

• 4 months later...

Awsome car I hope mine looks that when It's done. How did you do your special emblems on the side vents ,did you have them chromed and then painted , also could you include a close up shot of one of them

Thank's Ken

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the compliments. I recently sold this car so I can not get the pictures you are asking for, sorry.

I totally dismantelled the side vents and had all the pieces which require painting bead blasted. I then primed and painted them a color called sand silver which actually had a bronze tone to it. Now the tricky part is getting them re-assembled and installed in the car in one piece. I used a two part epoxy glue and held them together with nut & bolts while the glue cured. Then very carefully removed the nut & bolts and slid the assembly into the hood side. Once they are in the hood sides you can re-install some of the nuts and bolts to hold them in place. I had my car completely assembled before doing this. I would highly recomend doing this with the hood sides out of the car!

If you decide to do this have patience, there where several tense moments where these almost took flight across my garage floor!

Good luck