New Buick Enclave Questions?

Jolly_John

Hi. Has anyone heard much about the MSRP level of the new Buick Enclave due out this spring? I realize that different drive and accessary packages will influence the MSRP, but I am just trying to get a general idea. I believe a fairly well-equiped, FWD GMC Acadia that is due out in a month or so will MSRP around $34,000. This is the GMC cousin to the Enclave (being built on the same platform).

Also, can someone comment on this 3.6L GM V-6? I don't know how peppy it is....but this Enclave is going to be one heavy puppy. The six-speed transmission may help. However, the recent Chrylser Pacifica crossover vehicle had a MOPAR 3.6 or a 3.7 V-6, with a four-speed automatic, and it was an absolute dog. Now, for 2007, Chrysler put a 4.0L V-6 in the Pacifica, along with a six-speed automatic. I drove both the 2006 and 2007 Pacificas and this bigger 2007 engine and tranny change made a world of difference in acceleration. I'm interested in buying a crossover and will probably wait at least until the GMC Acadia comes out, so I can compare that vehicle to the Pacifica. I figure test driving the Acadia will give me an idea of whether or not the Buick Enclave is worth waiting for.

Finally, is "Enclave" a crappy name or what? That won't be much help with the marketing effort! Again, I'm hoping it IS a great car....but that name certainly doesn't excite me. Best, John in Wisconsin