1935 Plymouth Info needed

mopar380

I received this post through WPC Club e-mail. Can someone Please Help this individual ? He will be most grateful :

Dear Sir,

I bought a lovely 1935 Plymouth PJ 4 door sedan.(PHOTO ATTACHED) From the website I came to know that this serial no corresponds to Deluxe Sedan. But again in Deluxe sedan there are 3 models-

Deluxe 4 door,

Deluxe Travelers 4 door &

Deluxe Touring 4 door

My questions are:

How do I make out which model is mine? My car has 2 spare wheels ,mounted on either side.It also has a fabric roof. Straight Rear.

There is a hole on either side of the front grille with a black ring around.What is the purpose of these holes?

I also need the Front Mascot that comes on the bonnet( Ship?) and the ashtray on the dashboard. Can you let me know where can I get them?

Can you help me please?. A photo is attached here http://forums.aaca.org/misc/424101-35Plymouth.JPG

Thanks & Regards,

C.S.Ananth,

Sai Villa, Plot # 500,

4th South Main Road,

Kapaleeswara Nagar,

Neelankarai,

Chennai, 600041.

INDIA

Tel:91-44-24490854

Mob:91-44-98404 12262

post-31403-143137914948_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_Bill-W

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I received this post through WPC Club e-mail. Can someone Please Help this individual ? He will be most grateful :

Dear Sir,

I bought a lovely 1935 Plymouth PJ 4 door sedan.(PHOTO ATTACHED) From the website I came to know that this serial no corresponds to Deluxe Sedan. But again in Deluxe sedan there are 3 models-

Deluxe 4 door,

Deluxe Travelers 4 door &

Deluxe Touring 4 door

My questions are:

How do I make out which model is mine? My car has 2 spare wheels ,mounted on either side.It also has a fabric roof. Straight Rear.

There is a hole on either side of the front grille with a black ring around.What is the purpose of these holes?

I also need the Front Mascot that comes on the bonnet( Ship?) and the ashtray on the dashboard. Can you let me know where can I get them?

Can you help me please?. A photo is attached here http://forums.aaca.org/misc/424101-35Plymouth.JPG

Thanks & Regards,

C.S.Ananth,

Sai Villa, Plot # 500,

4th South Main Road,

Kapaleeswara Nagar,

Neelankarai,

Chennai, 600041.

INDIA

Tel:91-44-24490854

Mob:91-44-98404 12262 </div></div>

I suspect your car is a DeLuxe sedan as it has dual sidemounts and a flat back. The DeLuxe touring sedan had a trunk that stuck out Like the old Austin A-40 Devon or Dorset).

The Traveller was a long wheelbase sedan with enough room in the rear seat area for two jump seats. The regular Plymouths were on a 113" wheelbase while the long wheelbase models were about 128".

The holes are where the horns would have been mounted.

Intesting to see a RHD 1930's Plymouth in India! Do you know if your car built in the U.S. or Canada?

Bill

Vancouver, BC