WTB 1939 Buick Model 41 Horn Ring

richardmelini

• 8 years later...

There is this one. I think it's the same one that shows up on eBay from time to time for $375, and I've heard the folks on that site are hard to reach.

http://www.classicnosparts.com/products-page/1930s-parts/1939-buick-chrome-horn-ring-nos/

Mine is broken, but I'm going to JB Weld it as the break is in an inconspicuous area. I don't see spending that kind of money on it.

There was a "standard" steering wheel for the Specials plus you could order the "Deluxe" which was the same as the Century and higher models. The parts shown in post #3 is the Deluxe horn part.

There was a NOS '39 Deluxe horn ring at Portland last year and the asking price was $400

Has some craftsman found a way to straighten 1939 horn rings? I have two that are intact and in pretty decent shape but bent. The rings both have a small attraction to a magnet, isn't pot metal non-magnetic?

Has anyone finished or seen a finished example of the rough castings offered for sale at the top of this post? My rings measure about 11 1/8" on the OD. Bob H

Has some craftsman found a way to straighten 1939 horn rings? I have two that are intact and in pretty decent shape but bent. The rings both have a small attraction to a magnet, isn't pot metal non-magnetic?

Has anyone finished or seen a finished example of the rough castings offered for sale at the top of this post? My rings measure about 11 1/8" on the OD. Bob H

Bob,

The slight magnetics is due to the chrome plating. The part starts out as a die casing of zink / aluminum, both nonferrous alloys.

Mike