1950 Chrysler Traveler????? edited 11/08

Need help locating any information on a 1950 Chrysler Traveler. The certificate of title says Chrys 50 4dr sedan. The lettering on the trunk lid says Traveler. The rear seat folds to allow for luggage

and/or sleeping area? The word Windsor isn't anywhere on the car, but most people I've asked say it is a windsor. can't seem to find anything online. Appreciate any info on this model, Thanks...

11/08 - added more pix for identification, note the traveler lettering on the dash (same as on the trunk lid), also the fold down rear seat. Thanks guys...george

post-49228-143137912242_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_BaronvonR

It was definately in the Windsor line. It was an attempt to combine a station wagon utility with a sedan styling. Roof rack was standard. The car cost $2580 new and weighed 3830 pounds. Only 900 were built.

BvR

Guest imported_BaronvonR

None that I know of....perhaps there are members on this site or ones in the club who own one. All I have is a sales brochure and the info I posted.

BvR

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_Bill-W

Although the Traveller was new for Chrysler in 1950, it was actuallu Chrysler's version of the DeSoto Carry-All which appeared in 1949. Unlike the Traveller which appeared in the higher-priced Windsor series, the Carry-All was offered in the lower priced DeLuxe series.

The rear seat on both models folded down as on the station wagon and thus opened up the trunk area as well. The trunk and seat back were finished in wood with skid rails, just as the wagons were.

DeSoto Carry-All production -

1949 : 2,690

1950 : 3,900

1951-52 : 1,700

Chrysler Traveller production -

1950 : 900

1951 : 850

1952 : 0

Kaiser offered a similar model from 1949 through 1952, with the trunk lid split with the upper part of the trunk lid extending up to include the rear window.

Bill

Vancouver, BC

• 15 years later...