WTB 1946 to 1948 New Yorker Coupe Project

Guest BJM

WTB 5 window preferably or 3 window 1946 to 1948 New Yorker 2 door in the midwest would be great. Prefer complete with usual project issues (non-running, some rust, needs everything)

Thanks

Jake

Great Choice, I have a 48 Royal Club Coupe and a 47 Windsor Club Coupe parts car. I will keep my eyes and ears open, I know of some 46 to 48 Chryslers in the Minot North Dakota area, not sure if there is a New Yorker Coupe there, but will find out. I am in Manitoba Canada, which is directly north of North Dakota and Minnesota, if there is one here would you be interested, the 3 window, would be difficult to locate mind you................Fred

Check out Ebay, there is a 1942 DeSoto coupe on there that has your name on it. I realise it's not exactly a Chrysler but it is one of the coolest looking Chrysler products ever, with the hideaway headlights like a Cord. Very rare, low production due to WW2 stopping production in early 42.

Opening bid is $750 which is too high if you ask me. But you may be able to get the seller to talk turkey if he doesn't get a bid.

Fred,

I would be interested in cars up there. Not too far away. Yes, the 3 windows are really rare and I like the 5 windows better any way. I have an elderly friend with an unrestored 48 New Yorker 5 window coupe but it is one owner and has a lot of sentimental value to him so he won't sell. It is in very bad shape rust wise and non running. I like the extra hood length and the 8 cylinder. I should look at a Windsor or Royal though as I understand parts are much easier to get and cost to restore is less.

Thanks Fred, keep in touch.

Rusty,

I'll check it out. Those are cool cars and the coupe styling is very similar (from the grille back anyway) to a Windsor or similar Dodge.

Jake

I know of a 48 Chrysler Royal or Windsor Club Coupe, not sure which, it was in very complete form but of course needs to be restored. The owner wanted $1500.00 Canadian for it, it is located 180 miles northwest of Winnipeg Manitoba Canada. To give you an idea how far this is, Winnipeg is a 3.5 hour drive straight north of Fargo ND on I-29, the car is 3 hours north west of Winnipeg in the town of Eddystone. I can put you in touch with the ownwer by email if you like..........Fred ps I will have parts from my 47 Windsor coupe available also, I also know of a 48 Royal 4 dr sedan in very complete and driveable condition in Winnipeg the owner was asking $3000.00 canadian for it.Also there is a 47 or a 48 Windsor sedan near where I live, this car is alo very complete with good chrome and glass, has the radio and clock still in dash the owner wants a $1000.00 for it and I have a picture on my computer of it.