I am looking for another 50 chrysler

I had a 50 windsor 8 pass sedan for over 20 years and sold it 3 years ago and I want another 50,this time I want a 2 door to install the truck dual carb/exhaust manifolds on. So I am looking for a non running 2 door royal or windsor within a reasonable distance from the Dayton Ohio area and might consider a desoto too,49s are a possibility too and one with the 3 speed trans instead of the fluid drive would be better. Jeff

I have a 1951 DeSoto Club Coupe (sorry not for sale). Have been thinking of doing something similar with the engine. Can you tell me more about this truck dual carb/exhaust? Have seen a pic of this setup but thought it was for some larger block truck engine? Will it fit the DeSoto/Chrysler block? What year or models of truck used this setup?

The 50s big trucks used the same motor as the chryslers and desotos,I think the manifolds were used in the mid 50s on 1 1/2 ton and bigger trucks. I will sell the manifolds I have as I doubt I will ever get another 50 due to too many other projects but if I get another I might put in a 360 and 727 so I could get parts on the road and the manifolds will continue to collect dust. Jeff

These manifolds can be custom made with a pair of both intake and exhaust manifolds, George Asche racing equipment and Charlie Akers in Florida. I want to do the same thing on my 48 Chrysler, I presently have a 3spd standard trans and dry clutch, was thinking of going back to a semi-auto and fluid drive. But don't think I will, kind of like the performance without fluid drive and semi-auto..............Fred

I have a 50 Windsor club coupe for sale. It is original with 31000 miles. No rust, runs good, excellent interior, everything works. Located in eastern KS.

Gary Cleveland

Wamego KS

785 456 1935

Its sounds like it will be too much for my budget and I sold the manifolds the other day and this shows up oh well. How much are you asking for it as I might try to sell one of my cars and if it does I might have some money to play with,I was originally trying to find a non running barn fresh 50. Jeff

Rusty:

Yes, the truck dual exhaust and intake manifold set up will fit any long block engine with no modifications except to the accelerator linkage. Many years ago I installed a set in a 50 Dodge wagon with the Canadian 3.375 bore engine in it. Later I replaced the engine with a 265 cu. in unit from a Chrysler. In both cases, it made a pretty inpressive difference in mid-range power. The only minor problem was that the Sisson choke would only hook up to one carburetor. I thought of making a linkage to the two chokes and operating them manually, but after experimenting with settings for the Sisson I found the engine started on the one choke only, and warmed up well without any hesitation. I recommend this installation if you can find the manifolds. I'm not sure of the first year of its use, but I know it was in use in our trucks until 1959.