Power Brakes for a 50 Windsor

Teid

Interested in finding a complete booster break unit. They were optional on the six cylinder but standard on the 8's as I understand it. Also any info on the origional mounting location of the unit as the manuals I have do not have any location diagrams.

Guest imported_BaronvonR

The power boost unit mounted directly behind the master cylinder. It is a fairly large unit so the floor pan is actually bumped up to make room for it. It is hidden under the front seat so it does not show in the car. If you can find one you will most likely need the floor pan that goes under the drivers front seat otherwise I do not think you will be able to fit it...you may need the larger master cylinder as well that has all of the right connections.

BvR

The booster Chrysler used in those days was a completely separate unit from the master cylinder you have. It had a vacuum booster and its own master cylinder.

Your master cylinder would feed hydraulic pressure to the booster unit and it would feed the wheel cylinders under higher pressure.

These units are still being manufactured. You can buy them from street rod supply places. Your local auto supply store may be able to get one, they are made by major brake manufacturers.

Here is one example: http://www.ecihotrodbrakes.com/remote_booster.html

There are others, that happens to be the first one that turned up on a web search. I'm sure you can find one to suit your car.