50 windsor spitfire 6 problem

Teid

My car has an intermittant heat related fuel problem. I have heard that there is a fuel Pump Heat shield made for this engine. Does anyone know of a source? Also any suggestions on how to correct the engine dieing after it has been running for awhile? (sounds like its running out og gas and some times will recover) I appreciate the help.

If you look at the fuel pump you should see a heat shield between the pump and the exhaust manifold.

It is simply a piece of flat tin about 4 or 5 inches wide bent into an L shape. If yours is missing you or your mechanic can make one easily. I suggest using sheet aluminum because it reflects heat better.

One fo the members on this forum ( Jon Robinson ) told me of a problem with small rubber hose from the fuel line to the pump---as they get older they get soft and tend to colapse---he recomended to use the newer fuel injected rubber hose which is stronger and less chance of colapsing---and do check on the heat shield---this combination should solve your problems as long as your pump is working fine. Good Luck!!