Anyone need an 8 volt battery and voltage regulator?

I brought my '47 DeSoto back to 6 volts this past weekend and so I have an extra 8 volt battery and the voltage regulator that was used with it. I am not a big believer in switching to 8 or 12 volts since I think a car in decent shape will do fine on the original 6 volts and if it doesn't then something needs attention. Please don't let my limited experience or judgement discourage you if you have decided to go this route.

The battery looks nice and seems to have a lot of life but I have no idea how old it is. Therefor, rather than ask for the zillions of dollars that I know it is worth I have decided to offer it up for free here on the WPC forum where I have gotten some good advice for free as well. I can't ship it so you have to be able to pick it up in Rochester, NY. If you are not too far away, say 50 miles or so, I'll deliver it for gas money.

I don't know how universal the voltage regulator is as far as applications, so remember that this was all working well in an otherwise stock 6 cylinder 1947 DeSoto. Please e-mail me if interested.

Justin Schiess

jfssch2@frontiernet.net