Need info on a 53 Windsor Deluxe

Hey everyone, new guy here that just picked up a 53 windsor. It needs a little bit of work but is going along very good. body is straight no rust damage. All in all very straight. Anyhow i am gonna pick up a gauge cluster for it, i have the casing that goes above the steering column, but not the actual gauges, temp, oil, amp, water and speed. I found a complete one from what is to be believed a 52 windsor deluxe would this fit or if not will i be able to remove the gauges and put them on my casing?

thanks

Joseph

hI GUY:

Where are you located. I have a 53 windsor flathead 6 banger that I salvaged out of a junk yard years ago. I had grand ideas of customizing it with some rather unique touches but money and time (the bane of the car hobbyist) kind of got in the way. I stripped a lot of the parts but I have them all along with a set of brand new rocker panals from J.C. Whitney. and a set of seats from an 80's Chrysler Newport(?) I have the whole thing stored at a friends place and unless I win the lottery this project will never get off the ground. Rather than letting it sit and become part of the environment I could let you have it very economically to use for parts. The dash/gauges are all there. the body was not to bad, all of the doors were solid, as was the trunk and rear deck lid. If you might be interested let me know.

Hey thanks for the response, i live in a phoenix, however its in Arizona. I ended up picking up a instrument cluster from a 52 windsor deluxe, it looks identical from what i can tell by the pictures ive seen of it, but i wont know for sure until it arives at my place. Most of the car is pretty clean, every bit of the car seems to have no rust, a few spots of surface rust but other then that the car is Great. i do have 1 small dent that shouldnt pose a problem. If you are willing to ship some smaller items im sure that we can work something out in terms of price and shipping if you are willing to go that route. If so heres my email address. Email me if you can so we can discuss it further. joseph.palomo@cox.com

Thanks

email me with things you may need. im taking off all the trim, the inside trim as well....i also have most of the glass with the car, only glass im keeping is the windshield...the motors for the windows i have as well..i somehow cant think of anything else right now...so email me if you have any needs or to discuss what i have indicated so far.

joseph.palomo@cox.com

They should be the same and interchangeable. Make sure the seller knows to take the heat gauge sender out of the engine and fish it thru the firewall. It must not be cut off or disconnected from the gauge, they are a sealed unit.

If the heat gauge is cut off it can be repaired but it is a lot easier to take it off properly.

I have some pictures floating around somewhere. I will see if I can find them and forward them to you. where are you located. I am really not interested in parting the car myself. I would rather sell it whole. It won't be expensive other than the cost of getting it and bringing it home.

Being I have a 52 and you a 53 buying the whole car would not work. I think some of the parts are interchangable but not enough to warrant buying the whole car. To bad you are to far---me Minnesota. If you change your mind give me a shout on this forum---I check out stuff every day---still would like to know if the bumbers, headlight bezels are the same------Thanks. E-mail the pics if you want landersen@mn.rr.com