1937 Chrysler Royal

I'm having difficulty finding out history about the production numbers and models of 1937 Royal 4 door sedans. Seems there were a number of models, long wheel base limo and sedan, and convertible, touring and standard sedans. I can't find specs about what was different in each of the 5 though the convertible is obvious. And I can't find anything on production numbers. I see very few on the internet for sale and no specific clubs so I'm thinking they may be somewhat rare in existence today. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have found one that I like and just haven't had much success researching yet (though short time so far). THanks.

Guest imported_BaronvonR

Royal 6 Fast back sedan......1200 built

Royal 6 Touring Sedan.....62,408 built

Royal 6 Convertable Sedan....642 built

Royal 6 7 Passenger Sedan......856 built

Royal 6 Town Sedan....no numbers...included in the 524 cowl chassis units built

Royal 6 sedan Limo....138 built

BvR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
great help. thank you. do you know if there might be a registry for current owners? I have to believe there aren't many of these cars still on the road.

did you ever find the registry of current owners? I have a 38 royal coupe and would be interested - also would like to trace back to original owner.

any ideas.

cacti from wisconsin

• 1 year later...
Guest crysleral37

I have a 37 Chrysler royal coupe as well, and would like to start a contact list. In the past few months I have discovered an owner of same in Pa, and also correspond with another owner restoring a coupe in Indiana. I'm not very computer literate, but I am interested. Keep me posted