Brake Conversion

docZ

AAJ Brakes in Portland, Oregon - www.aajbrakes.com makes a complete, simple disk brake kit for all Chrysler Forward Look cars, 1955 - 1962. I recently bought a set from them for my 1962 Chrysler 300. It is a very simple unbolt the old and bolt on the new stuff. The guy designs these specifically for these cars. No other kits are as good as these for these cars.

Ian

• 4 weeks later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ian? Went there - appreciate the info. When you got your kit, did you get the kit with master cylinder priced aroubd $800? Do you know if this conversion dimishes "originality" when presenting car in show?

Ron </div></div>

I bought the complete super deluxe kit with everything for $799.00 If you are worried about the originality of it then don't do it, but unless you get down and look at the wheel from behind you basically can't tell the car has disk brakes. The WPC car shows are judged by people's choice, not a panel of judges looking for originality etc. so its not that important in our own club. Some members prefer completely stock while others like upgrades such as disk brakes etc.

Ian