rear outer axle seals

jquam

When I needed new bearings for my 29 Dodge DA I called Timken directly and they had all the original numbers for the bearings and seals, as well as they were able to tell me what numbers were obsolete and what the new numbers were that superceded them. That way when I went to a local Timken dealer I didn't sound or look like a complete fool by asking for something they couldn't get. In short if you call Timken customer service directly they should be able to help you out and get you what you need, as well as give you they number of a local dealer, hope this helps.

I ordered new reproduction seals a while back for my '30 Chrysler. There is an ad on page 25 of the WPC club magazine from a man making them from billet stock and Nitrile seals. I'd try him. Larry Chegwidden, 503-253-8941--after 7 PM Pacific Time. Mine were punched out of sheet metal and a new seal pressed in place. Bolt pattern was very close to the seal and a socket was had to use. I was able to find some NOS seals ( hard & dried ) Good luck, Tim