Prototype 1924 Sedan?

My uncle has a 1924 Walter P Chrysler. The vin plate was manufactured by Fedco Systems and there's a signature of WPC across the plate. the numbers are written in long hand and are repeated. they appear to be 0204E. This is a two door sedan and I dug up a Saturday Evening Post Article from 1924 where WPC is pictured with three cars. I believe that my uncle has the sedan pictured. It has the same pin striping, colors, etc. How can I verify the vin number, or otherwise prove that this is a WPC original prototype. I think that the numbers may be Maxwell's vin numbering system. I'm also trying to establish what this vehicle may be worth. I still have to figure out how to send the attachment to this board.

Guest imported_Bill-W

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My uncle has a 1924 Walter P Chrysler. The vin plate was manufactured by Fedco Systems and there's a signature of WPC across the plate. the numbers are written in long hand and are repeated. they appear to be 0204E. This is a two door sedan and I dug up a Saturday Evening Post Article from 1924 where WPC is pictured with three cars. I believe that my uncle has the sedan pictured. It has the same pin striping, colors, etc. How can I verify the vin number, or otherwise prove that this is a WPC original prototype. I think that the numbers may be Maxwell's vin numbering system. I'm also trying to establish what this vehicle may be worth. I still have to figure out how to send the attachment to this board. </div></div>

1924 Chryslers did not use the FEDCO serial number system - 1926 was the first year. And Chrysler serial numbers were not a continuation of Maxwell or Chalmers numbers - 1924-1925 Chrysler Model B serial numbers started at 1001 and ended at 58000.

The number you quote - 0204E - is missing the first letter. The layout should be AA-NNN-A, but when a car was stolen one of the letters was replaced by its numerical equivalent. Thus the car's number was probably ?W-204-E.

The FEDCO letters and the numeric equivalents :

W-P-C-H-R-Y-S-L-E-D

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

To determine exactly what you have, what is the engine number? The number is stamped INTO the engine block on the left front side above the water jacket cover or stamped on a machined boss, top of timing chain case. The number will have a letter prefix followed by four or more numbers.

Bill

Vancouver, BC