National Meet

Guest imported_24Chry48

Guest imported_24Chry48

I read in another post that there have been no comments on the National meet in Virginia. It is unfortunate that this person missed the meet and has to hear about it secondhand. Translations are always a little less accurate secondhand. This meet, as all the national meets, was a great gathering of beautiful Chrysler product cars and even greater car people. The only downside was the terribly hot weather, but after all, it's July. Being a new board member, I attended my first National board meeting. A lot of subjects were discussed which all were in trying to increase membership, and make the club more attractive to new and current members, especially young people. We are noticing a lot of grey hair at our gatherings, as are all car clubs, and the push is on to attract young people. The board is made up of a good selection of people who truly care about the club's future. Changes and improvements are in the making and I am enthused about our orgsnization.

The tours were interesting at the meet, but the hot humid weather spoiled it for me. One tour went to Benjamin Harrisons' plantation and we followed Rob Burchill's 26 Chrysler all 30 miles. Following that old Chrysler was the highlight of the tour. I don't want to get too long-winded. Plan on attending next years' meet in Chicago. It looks like a great deal of planning has been done by the Northern Illinois Region and the meet should be a great one. Happy trails to you.

Greg Biskey

Destined to go broke due to incurable Oldchrysleritis

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I was seriously injured on my way to both Chryslers at Carlisle and then on to the WPC. I really missed going to the WPC as I have enjoyed all the others and was involved in putting on the Hooray for Hollywood meet last year. I hope to be back on my feet for next year's meet.

Thanks again,

Ken Sobel