88 needs injector

mike2020

[color:"blue"] I need to replace a bad injector on cyl. # 6. The car has 84k on her do I need to replace all of them? Also I have the factory repair manual and no-where does it address the replacement of the injector. Is it that simple? Does anyone have the ability to talk me through it or can someone send a diagram?

Thank you very much.

Guest F14CRAZY

Just do the one. I don't think they typically go bad. Is yours stuck open and trashing the spark plug?

Pick up a new or used injector, but get a set of new O rings for them all at your favorite auto parts store. Relieve pressure of the system (unplug the fuel pump relay and start it, run it till it stalls after a few seconds). With the engine cool, remove the fuel lines to the fuel rail, then the bolts that hold it ot the manifold (I think). Should be able to pull up on the fuel rail and the injectors will unplug themselves. There may be a couple little things different, but that's at least the way it is on my L67 which I've had the fuel rail off a few times.

But yeah, keep an extinguisher near and do the work after the engine has time to cool.

Dear F14CRAZY,

Where is the #6 injector? Also I would like to know more about the supercharged 3800LN3. I know where there is a 91 Buick with a supercharged engine can that swap happen? Also I would like to see someone(me?) put a Grand National Motor in a Reatta. What do ya think?

Thanks,

Mike2020

Guest F14CRAZY

I believe number 6 is on the rear, nearest the driver's side. What symptoms are you having?

A while back for my 4.0L Explorer, a new GP Sorensen injector was about $66. I'd think a Reatta's would be the same. You could see if a salvage yard would sell you one.

Guest F14CRAZY

Search or go back 1-2 pages and read "Supercharging (this time, it's real)" 11 pages and 40+ pix of all you ever wanted to know. Forced induction is not as easy as it seems.

Supercharged 3800 didn't come around till the '92 model year.

Turbo 3.8L in a Grand National was RWD, so you'd have to take that into consideration. 2seater here has added a turbo to his LN3 and produces 260-280 hp, but required much custom fabrication.

I can go on and on. Feel free to PM me