My 1964 Buick Wildcat - Legally on the road

SMohr

Hi All,

This is my 64 Wildcat, 401, Auto, 57,000 miles, I found this beauty in March, just 4 hours from my home in Whitehall, PA. I've seen pics of these before, but never actually saw one in person till then. Love at first sight. The chrome just makes you melt. The last time it was inspected (Pennsylvania) was in 1995. It didn't take too much to get it thru the inspection again, just some tires and shocks and a reverse light bulb. And also did some underside clean-up. What still needs to be done is.... Interior, just repair/replace the headliner, that's it ..... Exterior, some minor rust needs attention, rear bumper (main section) has a few dings in it, I already replaced both end caps, and top it off with a fresh coat of paint.. same original color scheme as in the pic.

post-46873-14313789875_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

SWEET! Does your headliner still have the original cardboard pieces in good shape? If so, contact me, I have a method of restoring those to look exactly like the original.

Very cool car, hope to see more pics soon!

Matt

Guest imported_Thriller

I can see why it would be love at first sight. Congratulations on your purchase...I hope you get a big pile of enjoyment from your 'Cat.

Guest imported_MrEarl

Sweet maybe, but tough is the word that comes to my mind. thanks for sharing. tell us more about her.

How great is that??? Awesome car. I love the blackwall tires with the mags. Makes it look like it's ready to fight...Good luck with it..Can you post a pic of the dashboard? Those dashes are just so nice in 63 and 4

JD