BUICKMAN AWARD

Guest imported_MrEarl

Congratulations to this year's nominees ande recipients! A GREAT expansion of a great recognition award!

Lamar, I suspect red slippers might be more appropriate than "red tights", for a BUICK SUPERMAN . . . all things considered. As for "flying" . . . best done "flying low in a powerful Buick (in safe and appropriate places, of course), but then, "floating over the road" (at slower velocities) can be more enjoyable and take less work to accomplish and enjoy, giving the spectators more time to admire the Beauty of "The Beautiful Buy".

Congrats!

NTX5467

Edited by NTX5467 (see edit history)

Everyone on this Forum deserves special recognition. I am grateful for all our Buick friends here. And I was very happy to be a part of this SUPER award. Thank Brian for the Roadmaster sweeppears. Were it up to me it would have been SUPER sweepspears... LOL...

The runner up for this years award was Buick5563 AKA Mikey Milddleton. He was presented with a BCA/Buick Man coffee mug.

canvas2_zps866d544b.png

Not to be a weinie, but I think Shadetree got my mug.

No worries though, Mrs. Shadetree can enjoy coffee out of it since Robert will probably be enjoying colder beverages out of the stein.

Congrats again to Lamar and the Shadetrees. (Also Dad Shadetree, who was mentioned in the speech).

The brunch probably interfered a bit more in people's day, but adult beverages seemed more appropriate given the reputation of this group.

I was thrilled to meet many of my Buick brethren, but especially my homeboy Therios and ornery hero buickman.

...and yes, Cindy Livingston raised the bar considerably.

See you all next year brothers and sisters!!!!!!!

First the rum, then the mug...not necessarily a good year for you there. Did you at least get a look at the '55 Century Estate Wagon for sale? I thought it was pretty cool.

At least with Lamar not making it, we didn't have a big puddle of drool around the archival class Roadmaster two door hardtop for sale.

Red tights...my eyes!

Congrats Buick Buddies.... Oh heck Lamar, just get some red long johns, The Kind with the buttons all around. Have a pint of Moonshine at hand and you'll be flying around the Buick Gardens in no time. Dandy Dave!

Not to be a weinie, but I think Shadetree got my mug.

No worries though, Mrs. Shadetree can enjoy coffee out of it since Robert will probably be enjoying colder beverages out of the stein.

FIXED, check your mailbox Thursday wienie!!!

...and yes, Cindy Livingston raised the bar considerably.

how do you know Cindy was raised at a bar? OHHHHH, you said she raised the bar, that's different and GOOD!!!

See you all next year brothers and sisters!!!!!!!

Hope so!!!!!!!!!

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

I tried talking Mrs. Buick5563 into letting me buy that 55 wagon and driving it home. She wants a seafoam green 49 Roadmaster after seeing the matching two tone green ones side by side.

Since they weren't for sale, I am flying home. ;)

What is it with wives and 49 Roadmasters, Rita has been wanting a convertible one ever since Seattle.

FIXED, check your mailbox Thursday wienie!!!

Yay! Thanks bro.

BTW, who got the 150 proof Spam chaser...and the Cuban?

come on folks show what ya got!!!

I brought a Cuban up for Fr. Buick out of my stash... :D

Also, I got a Buick axle cover (hubcap?) from an early Buick. I will have to ask Mark Shaw what it belongs to. I'm in the PDX airport right now, so can't take a picture.

BTW, I saw John D and Ed taking off this morning. Couldn't catch em to wish them safe travels.

Yay! Thanks bro.

I brought a Cuban up for Fr. Buick out of my stash... :D

Also, I got a Buick axle cover (hubcap?) from an early Buick. I will have to ask Mark Shaw what it belongs to. I'm in the PDX airport right now, so can't take a picture.

BTW, I saw John D and Ed taking off this morning. Couldn't catch em to wish them safe travels.

Mike,

The hubcap you have in the photos look like 1927.

Who got the presents in the last photo ( the one in the carpark ) ??

http://forums.aaca.org/attachments/f115/261247d1406519866-bca-forum-breakfast-moved-hooters-11-img_7961.jpg

Edited by 50jetback (see edit history)

Guest shadetree77

All I can think to say is THANK YOU to everyone. Mrs. Shadetree and I are honored to have received the award. It looks like a great time was had by all. Just sorry we could not be there. Just as well, Mrs. Shadetree would most likely have broken that mug over my head after catching me staring at the uhhh, restaurant decor. :P Anyway, I'm looking forward to tipping back a few out of that beeeeautiful mug. I'll be sure to raise a toast to all of my forum buddies when I do. And Mike, if I accidentally ended up with your mug at least I'll have something to put my coffee in the next morning when I'm fighting the hangover! :cool: Thanks again guys and hopefully we'll see you all in Springfield next year.

All I can think to say is THANK YOU to everyone. Mrs. Shadetree and I are honored to have received the award. It looks like a great time was had by all. Just sorry we could not be there. Just as well, Mrs. Shadetree would most likely have broken that mug over my head after catching me staring at the uhhh, restaurant decor. :P Anyway, I'm looking forward to tipping back a few out of that beeeeautiful mug. I'll be sure to raise a toast to all of my forum buddies when I do. And Mike, if I accidentally ended up with your mug at least I'll have something to put my coffee in the next morning when I'm fighting the hangover! :cool: Thanks again guys and hopefully we'll see you all in Springfield next year.

Hang over??? What is a hang over??? Drink with the captain and say drunk....:P Dandy Dave!

Got paid an honorable visit by BCA President Brian De Pouli last evening and what an honor it was. Brian presented me with the first ever prestigious SUPER Buick Man Award. And ladies and gentlemen of the Buick forum, I can not begin tell in words what this award truly meant to me. I want to thank you ALL, but again especially John D, John Scheib and Brian!!!! I already have a special place on a wall in the Buick Room picked out for displaying.

Here are a few shots of the presentation. Late afternoon on a blistering hot sunny Georgia day.

click these two thumbnails to enable reading....

post-31987-14314266347_thumb.jpg

Hark, is that a tear coming from the eye of SUPER Buick Man. May be....

photo9_zpsda5a3b42.jpg

photo7_zpsa5e61f5f.jpg

photo1_zps6a158a2e.jpg

photo2_zps1fe48631.jpg

As I spoke with Brian about, I had thought that since the number of nominations have declined over the last year or so and I was having to ask others to do the presentations in my absence, I had thought this years award may be the last. But then I started thinking "No, there are still those that I myself know deserve recognition of their contributions to the wonderful world of Buicks, so it needs to continue".

So come on folks. let's hear who you think should should receive our next Buick Man Award. And just remember though, to be nominated is to win.

post-31987-143142663449_thumb.jpg

It was my honor to visit the Palatial Estate known as " The Buick Gardens", to meet the beautiful Lady Rita and tour the progress in expanding the Gardens! Mr. Earl, Thank you for all you do!!!

John D. and John S. deserve all the credit for coming up with the ideas and I was glad to be able to help make it happen.

Also I want to make sure Robert and Jessica and Mike M. are not overshadowed by "the big man in the cape". They are well deserving Buickmen and Buickwoman!!!

Mr Earl,

I'd like to nominate Mark Shaw for the Buickman award for refusing to allow the Forum breakfast to be cancelled in Portland and for service to all Pre-War Buick owners with technical assistance, parts and vehicle (Thriller) locating, and general service to the forum community.

Finally can we get a recap of who is already a Buickman or Woman, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is being lazy in not wanting to go back through 271 posts.

Here are the ones I recall off the top of my head (no offense to any I forget)

Pete Phillips

Roberta Vasilow

John Schieb

Rick Young

Bill Stoneberg

Robert and Jessica Trail

Mike Middleton

Willie

Brian DePouli

Lamar Brown (SuperBM)

Edited by 38Buick 80C (see edit history)

Photo taken during the presentation at the Forum Brunch.[ATTACH=CONFIG]263740[/ATTACH]

What's this about Lamar not being at the breakfast to accept his well deserved award - isn't that him sitting in back just to the right of Marks arm busy eating and not even paying attention!!!!

It was my honor to visit the Palatial Estate known as " The Buick Gardens", to meet the beautiful Lady Rita and tour the progress in expanding the Gardens! Mr. Earl, Thank you for all you do!!!

John D. and John S. deserve all the credit for coming up with the ideas and I was glad to be able to help make it happen.

Also I want to make sure Robert and Jessica and Mike M. are not overshadowed by "the big man in the cape". They are well deserving Buickmen and Buickwoman!!!

Mr Earl,

I'd like to nominate Mark Shaw for the Buickman award for refusing to allow the Forum breakfast to be cancelled in Portland and for service to all Pre-War Buick owners with technical assistance, parts and vehicle (Thriller) locating, and general service to the forum community.

Finally can we get a recap of who is already a Buickman or Woman, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is being lazy in not wanting to go back through 271 posts.

Here are the ones I recall off the top of my head (no offense to any I forget)

Pete Phillips

Roberta Vasilow

John Schieb

Rick Young

Bill Stoneberg

Robert and Jessica Trail

Mike Middleton

Willie

Brian DePouli

Lamar Brown (SuperBM)

I certainly second Mark Shaw as a candidate for the Buick Man award, thanks Brian!!!

Re the recap of previous Buickman awards, I will need to look back but one certainly comes to mind that doesn't appear on the list. Bob Coker!!!!

Mr Earl,

I can go along with the nomination, but he can also be an expensive guy to know. He has helped me locate and procure two pre-war Buicks that I didn't know that I needed to buy.

he still had some parts that didn't get to South Bend last year so I got to tour his garage and shop during the meet which was really cool.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd like to nominate Sean Smith aka Sean1997 for Buickman 2015 for his obvious extensive collection and free dissemination of Buick history and "numbers". He freely shares his knowledge of code letters/numbers, and has extensive knowledge and sources of information regarding model/series numbers, trim availability, engine and parts numbers, data plate info, etc etc. I am always astounded at what he can often call out from memory or pull from his books. Not since our good but departed friend Dave Corbin have we seen anyone come close to offering up such great information. I'd really like to hear from him and how he came into doing this and why. Only through people like Sean can the history of past Buicks continue to be saved and told.

Here is a sampling of how he has assisted others, and often times voluntarily without even having to be Asked.

http://forums.aaca.org/search.php?searchid=603120

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)