MAKING PROGRESS

Ken/Alabama

Thought I would share some photos of my coupe.I have replaced the floor pans from the firewall to where it steps up to the trunk,new rockers and subrails from the rear fenderwell allway up to where it ends on the frame inside the engine compartment,replaced the tailpan under the decklid,replaced the whole front end from 1" forward of the door hinge post forward from a donor car and took it off the frame so I could clean it up and welded it back on.Slowly but surely I am making progress.

post-32716-14313789544_thumb.jpg

Flatcat,

Looks like awesome progress so far! I've had mine for 5 years now and have done little to progress. I'm still trying to complete my home renovations first before tackling the Lincoln.

I was curious about the rotisserie though. I noticed the rotisserie itself wasn't on wheels - do you leave it outdoors? Which model rotisserie is that and I was curious what you paid for it and if you think it's worth the hassle and investment.

Personally I'd love to get one for my restoration as well, although I think I might opt for wheels to roll it in and out of the garage as required.

Just looking for general feedback on rotisseries.

Anyone else besides Flatcat have any rotisserie experiences to share?

Jim

Hey Jim, if I sprung for a super rotisserie, which spark plugs and oil should I use in it, and will it go faster than my buddys portable barbecue rig?? Thanks a lot. That is one fine looking 06H72 for sure Flat, if you keep doing that phenomenal work on it this way, it will be a gorgeous car for sure, congratulations!!! R

I am really sorry, I shouldn't answer mail after just getting up, I thought Jim was talking about a regular cooking type rotisserie, and at first glance I thought Flat's coupe was a '40, think I will go back to bed for an hour, and try again, R

Jim,The rotisserie came from Whirly Jig in Paris Tn..It has hard wheels on the back and is made to be lifted on the front with a floor jack,works very well as long as your on concrete or any hard surface.The good thing is when you get it where you want it,just let the jack down and it stays put.I can lift it with the jack and pull it inside with the jack handle with ease.Very good quality product. www.whirlyjig.com