Lincoln Gilmore Meet June '06

no more

I was considering aattending this event, flying in and out, but I just can't make it. Too bad. I hope that SOMEBODY takes a bunch of pictures, expecially of the Zephyrs, and can find a way to share them with those of us who couldn't attend the event. I have found "Webshots" to be a good (free at Webshots.com) way to share hi-res photos. "Snapfish" works, but the pictures are tiny and they want you to BUY the hi-res versions. In this age of digital cameras and computers with internet access, it's easy to share photos so PLEASE - DO IT!!

Phil - I'll be taking LOTS of pictures - I just bought an extra media

card for my camera.

On June first, I'll be driving my '41 to Milwaukee to meet up with

12 other Lincolns from '37-'47 . From there we board the express

car ferry to Muskegon and drive to Kalamazoo.

I just got my registration packet and my car is #452 (That's

a LOT of Lincolns). I do know there will be at least 27 "k"

model Lincolns there.

I CAN'T WAIT!!

It will also be a good test of the Columbia that I just installed

yesterday.

I do enjoy this club because lots of us DRIVE these cars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will be going to the meet, heading over from Canton, Michigan. I plan to take some pictures too so if anyone wants to see something in detail, let me know. I'm looking forward to it. I was over there last year for a Buick club show and had a pleasant afternoon wandering around the cars and the barns. It's a nice museum for those that have not been there. It's kind of out of the way unless you're heading across Michigan on 94 but it is worth taking a slight detour over there to see it.

Matt Rall

• 3 months later...

OK Mike, the rubber has met the road!

You may have noticed a bit of dissatisfaction in the TWOTZ coverage of the Gilmore "Event" (see: "SAD ISSUE OF TWOTZ" in this forum). If you DO have "LOTS of pictures" please let us know how we can view them!

I have preferred the "Webshots" screen-saver site - it's free and the pictures can be large and hi-res. However, Webshots has just released a new revision of their software and it has a bunch of problems. I suspect that pictures can still be posted there though. The Webshots software is free to download at www.webshots.com

If you would like, you can email the pictures to me at kcd@texas.net (ONE at a time please, I have a SLOW dial-up line). I would be delighted to build a Webshots photo album like the one I built for the LZOC Western meet at Carlsbad, California in May, 2005 at: http://community.webshots.com/album/355325423eWUQwq

Thanks,

Thanks Cecil,

I'm sure that I'm not the only one who would like to see some REAL photos of that event.

By the way, does anybody know who "1941" is? His profile isn't very descriptive. It sounds like he has a really nice '41 Continental and I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of it, expecially since I now have a '41 Zephyr project car.

post-32768-143137895278_thumb.jpg

Thanks Jeff,

Well, I finally got a total of 119 pictures in the album. They are in the order that they appeared on Michael's CD and I haven't attempted to identify any of the cars.

I cropped some of the photos to eliminate distracting backgrounds and get a closer look at the car.

If anybody else has some pictures they would like me to add, just let me know.

I want to add as well that it was a nice meet over at Gilmore this summer. It was a beautiful day and there were so many nice cars on the field both in terms of the Zephyrs and the other Classics being judged that day. Thanks to all who are posting pictures of the meet!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest V8andahalf

Just looked at the 1st album that Phil Knapp posted. Great bunch of cars, gives me something to shoot for on my 41LZ. Can anyone tell me the name of the paint color for photos #08, 35 and 45? My LZ is the same color and I am getting info together so I can have it repainted early in the spring. Sitting under a plastic tarp in the high desert for about 9 years has taken its toll on the existing paint job. Any help will be appreciated.

Jim G.

Guest V8andahalf

Phil

Thanks so much for the information, it will be invaluable to me in bringing the 41 LZ back to her original glory. Great forum and wonderful people on it!

post-47717-143137895283_thumb.jpg

Guest V8andahalf

Mike:

Thanks for the information, I thought photos 35 and 45 were the same as #8 for the color. so, my guess is that they are simular but enough differnt to have separate names. I'll take a couple 1M pixel photos and post one for you to check out. I appreciate your responding to my query.

It is nearly impossible to determine a shade of color from

a photograph. Both colors (Darian and Capri blue) are lighter

blues - Darian has a lot more purple tint to it.

Buy a color chip chart - cheap and easy to find.

It is interesting to note that after all the car meets.

very few LC's and LZ's appear in EITHER of these colors.

(Especially the LC's - mainly maroon or black!)

Guest V8andahalf

Phil:

Thanks for the information on the paint chips. Had a chance yesterday to get to the NW Swap Meet in Portland, OR and found 2 sets of chips by differnt manufactures (Rinshed-Mason & Acme). I picked up both sets for under $20 and compared them to a paint chip taken from inside the trunk, turns out my color is "Darien Blue".

A note, in looking at the formulas shown on each set, there are differnces in the mixes for each manufacturer. Goes to show that not only are photos not a reliable indicator but fading has a big effect on what we see on these old cars, as the invoice for the last paint job is dated 1978.

The Rinshed-Mason sheets cover 1939, 1940 & 1941 while the Acme sheets are for 1941 only. If anyone needs the formulas for the paint mix from these sheets, I am happy to share.