1937 Chrysler Airflow C17 Project Car For Sale

I am putting up For Sale a 1937 Airflow Project car. Before I list it on ebay, I thought I'd ask around the Airflow chatrooms and Club newsletter first.

I have a web page set up for it at:

http://www.thomascave.com/Art%20Deco%20Cars/1937%20Airflow.htm

It's a rolling chassis, minus engine, tranny, and original back seat, but it rolls easily and steers. The back seat is the spring core of an Airflow seat, but should be good enough for a rebuild. I'd swapped a few parts between this one and my 1936 C9, but other than that, the car is complete, but obviously in need of restoration.

All four doors are solid and open/close well, and latches work. There is rust through at the rear of the trunk floorpan, and a small bit through the body in two places (about the size of a dollar bill) right next to that. Overall, body panels and fenders are solid, complete and line up well. It also includes grille, both spider web tailights and the hard-to-find Chrysler winged rose trunk emblem.

It has its original serial number tag plate. The car is in covered storage in west central Missouri. Kinda hate to part with it, but I'm up to my shoulders in my C9 rebuild and I also just got a '36 Cord Westchester I want to focus on next.

If you are interested, please have a look at the webpage. I'd like to

sell it this month. I'm considering all offers!

Thanks,

Tom

(rockyc)

• 1 month later...

The C17 apparently also includes a heater under the front passsenger seat. Just found it under there the other day. I'd heard of them being on other 37 Chryslers, but not on Airflows.

The car also includes a fender skirt for the right rear wheel; the plywood trunk shelf, and an extra heat temperature guage on the dash.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...