Reatta owner's age

anselmail

• 2 weeks later...
49 for me, 20 for my son

Ditto this. I own two...both 90s. My son has been driving my silver car winter and summer since he was 17. I just bought an eBay driftwood. The jury is still out on how much I'll drive it. Seems sound, but the interior shows more wear than I was hoping for.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ragtop

I'll be seventy this year and always had two auto loves in my life, unusual cars and convertibles, the Reatta fits both catagories. I bought mine when I was a young man of 60.

Guest The Goggi

I'll turn 38 9/2. I remember when I saw my first Reatta. I had just turned 17 and I realy really wanted one ... then I saw how much they were.

My girlfriends Dad was going to buy one and he ended up trading in his 85 Riviera for an 89 Riviera instead ... I was so upset. I thought for sure he was going to come home with my dream car and I would at least get to sit in it.

Then the car seemed to just go away. It wasn't until I met a guy who owns a dealership and collects Reattas that I offered to buy one of them from him 3 years ago ... paid way too much for way to little, but I was smitten and could not be talked out of it.

And here I am today trying to figure this SH$% out !:D

Wouldn't have it any other way. Part of the fun is having what nobody else has.

I'll be 35 next week. I've been taking care of this '89 since my mother bought it in 1990. My mother gave it to my wife a few years back, and now my wife and I just recently switched cars. So, after 19 years, I finally get to drive this car! Quite fun.

Guest blazer1997

62 here in Louisville kY Purchased my 89 Reatta in 2002 and enjoy driving it every day.

In April of 2010 going to let the reatta go for a Infiniti G35 coupe.

Be listed here first for sale.

Guest Road mister

51, A loyal Buick owner, I bought this one of a guys lawn only because the underside was so clean and was looking for something to replace a sold corvette. It doesn't have HP of the vette (that you can't use on the road anyway) but it blows it away in several other areas.

• 4 months later...
Guest ReattaRobert

And the thread rambles on! I got mine two days after achieving the 3/4 mark which ain't THAT long ago!

She needs some TLC but made it under her own power almost 200 miles from where I bought 'er to 'er new home!

Guest Stormbringerut

I am 45 and have owned mine for a little over a year. I get lots of compliments and questions about it whenever I drive it. It sure looks good for a 22 year old car.

Mike

Guest wally888

I was 73 when this thread started, had a red 89 coupe, a white 91 coupe and a white 90 ragtop. None were my 1 st. Now only have the 90 ragtop.

Will be 79 the 23 rd., maybe oldest here?

• 4 years later...
Guest BillMcc

Just joined the forum. You have me beat by a few years. I bought my first, a 91 coupe, last September at 75 years old. Nice to be a junior at something.

I was 73 when this thread started, had a red 89 coupe, a white 91 coupe and a white 90 ragtop. None were my 1 st. Now only have the 90 ragtop.

Will be 79 the 23 rd., maybe oldest here?

Guest BillMcc

I bought my 91 in Charlotte and immediately drove it to Texas. It's a great driving car.

I am 78,bought my 89 two years ago,it had 68,000 love the car.

Guest Corvanti

I bought mine at the tender age of 57 - 2 1/2 years ago.:)

due to circumstances, i sold her last week.:(

without the help and fellowship here and the ROJ forum, i probably would have flipped her 2 years ago!:cool:

Guest PontiacDude210

I bought mine at 19 off a used car dealer who had it rotting on his lot for 10 years. I admired that car from the time I was about 13. I'm turning 22 next week and have many happy miles on my 90 coupe. Planning to buy a vert down the road, preferably an 88 or 89.

Guest PontiacDude210

Whew, smells like brain fart in here. I guess I forgot that my dream car does not, in fact, exist. The two things I don't like about mine are the lack of touchscreen and the hardtop. Oh well. They really won't give you it all on one plate. Justification for multiple Reattas?

Whew, smells like brain fart in here. I guess I forgot that my dream car does not, in fact, exist. The two things I don't like about mine are the lack of touchscreen and the hardtop. Oh well. They really won't give you it all on one plate. Justification for multiple Reattas?

Bingo!

I live in the best of two world's......drive the '89 coupe with touch screen and hardtop daily.......drive the '91 vert on sunny, warm days with the top down. Life is so good!!

Bob

Bought my 1st Reatta in 1990 it was an 89 dark gray with gray interior, sunroof and 16way seat. I was fresh outta Autobody school and bought it with front end damage and 7k miles took it all apart and painted it black drove it a few years and then sold it to a college buddy. 25 years later decided I needed another one again so bought a 89 sunroof 16way black with gray interior now tore it all apart and restoring it so found a 91 black vert with 50k miles awesome cars! I'm now 44 yrs old