Reatta owner's age

anselmail

I bought my first Reatta convertible last Summer and love it! Many mechanics stop me and say "Wow! It's a Reatta. I haven't seen one of these in years" and I get lots of praise.

But, to my question: what's the age and gender of most Reatta owners? I am male and 33 and I think I am in the minority. Guys what is your age?

I was 32 when I acquired my Reatta after lusting for one for 14 years.

I am 38 as of last week, and after 5 years of pleasurable Reatta ownership and much more importantly the fellowship and support provided by this forum, I can say that I intend to have a Reatta always.

55-year-old male. I bought my 1991 coupe in April 19, 1997. Background: I followed development of the Reatta since the first "spy" shots in 1981. The Reatta replaced my 1990 Miata (AFAIK, the first Miata ordered in Oklahoma --- delivered a deposit to the local Mazda dealer in late January 1989). Prior to that I owned a 1972 Volvo 1800ES that I purchased in 1977. It was my daily driver for 10 years and 250,000 miles. Have owned/driven several other "interesting" cars over the past 40 years. The Reatta is my favorite.

Guest quadgoat

I'm 21 and male, I've had my Reatta since I was 16 or 17...it was my daily driver in high school whenever my GTO was laid up or it was winter. I don't drive the Reatta much/at all anymore as it's got about 131k miles on it and mom and dad didn't want me driving it from ME to NY for school. It's plenty reliable (did have to replace the ECM this past year though), but I've got an '03 SRT-4 that's my daily driver now. I do love the Reatta though, it is one of the nicest driving cars I've ever driven!!!

-Paul

reatta-2.jpg

Wasn't aware of them when they came out (in 1988 was pure Pontiac). In 2001 I finally decided my Fiero was too small (wife would not ride in it). Since I like the 3800 the idea of a bigger Fiero was appealing. One with a touchscream and its own LAN was even better. Do tend to be a bit fanatical about my cars. Was born in the first half of the last century.

Guest wally888

I suggest a prize for the oldest to buy a Reatta and another prize for the oldest owner.

I bought one when I was 64.

Guest Reatta1

Will be 69 in a 2 1/2 months. Lusted after the Reatta from the day I saw the 88 at the car show but couldn't afford it at the time. Got mine in 2000 after a 2 year search and 4th one I looked at. I think it is the most comfortable road car I've ever driven and I've driven a variety of domestic and foriegn vehicles. grin.gif

Guest reattasteve

I bought my first Reatta in '93 when I was looking for a 2nd car for my wife to drive on her 90 mile, twice a week commute. I was 45 at the time. I never drove it much myself, as it was her car. Later when she retired I began to drive it more and realized what a wonderful car it really was. After 138000 miles I needed to replace it. This January I traded for another 90 with 45000 miles on it. I love the car, I'll keep it 'till I die.

I will be 59 next month.Purchased our first reatta, a 1990 in 1991 has 161,000 trouble free miles.Added a second last month a 1991 with 118,000. I just love these cars,just wish GM would make them again.Also couldn't own either without this forum.

Guest F14CRAZY

I'm 18, had my Reatta since 17, i think. Either 16 or 17.

My dad's had his since last year, currently 64 (I think)

Just turned 60. Bought my first Reatta 5 years ago a white 90 in Memphis. I found it through this forum and bought it sight unseen. Took the bus from Cincinnati to Memphis and drove it home. A great find. My current is a red/tan 89, bought in Tucson Arizona where I live. Not retired just transfered here. It's 85 today.

Guest Durahansolo

I'm 20 now, I got mine when I was 17 and I've been happy driving ever since. My dad wants one now, he's 64 and he aint getting mine, I love it too much. grin.gif

Guest imported_dantm4

I'm 30, got mine 2 and a half years ago from my 86 (84 at the time) year old grandfather, who had owned it for quite a while. Only had about 88K on it when he gave it to me, has about 110K now. Think he got it at 15K. He decided to buy a Porsche, but didn't want the Reatta to go to waste. Unfortunately it sounds like I can't inherit the Porsche as well, but we'll see....

-Dan

90' Black/Tan Coupe

Guest imported_barra

I just turned 58 and am on my third Reatta since 2000. I've had a variety of foreign and domestic cars but have enjoyed the Reatta the most.

I bought my '90 Reatta convertible brand new when I was 49. I found it increased my social life by about 30%. Its a fun car. Through the years I realized that I couldn't prevent myself from getting older, but I could remain immature indefinitely.

I purchased my first Reatta, 90 Burgundy Coupe, in 98. I was 41 at the time. I found that Reatta's are like potato chips. You can't have just one. I've owned a total of four since then. Two 90's, a 91, and my current ride an 89 coupe. Where I work I'm fortunate enough to be furnished a company car but I find myself driving my Reatta half the time. I just love driving it. I've always thought that I've stepped up in quality and shape of the car with each one I've owned. I'm always looking for that next magic car. We're all so lucky to be able to own such a classic car. At least they're classics in our own minds.

Guest thongg

i am 52 bought a 1990 coupe july of 2005 great car gave it to my 18 year old daughter for her senior year in high school