46 Club Coupe Trunk

Guest boblove

Guest boblove

Does anyone have a photo of the trunk area that will tell me what it should look like? When I bought my "Zephyr" the trunk was pretty bare except for part of the frame and what looks like a removable wooden cover for the spare. No lining of any kind. It even had a 16" wheel and tire with a chrome beauty ring! The big problem with that is the tires/wheels on the car are 15"!

Guest boblove

Thanks, that looks very similar to my layout. Hopefully someone with a 46-48 that has been restored could post a good picture.

Hi Bob,

Here's a pretty good picture of the trunk of a '41 Zephyr convertible (not mine!). It should be identical to the 42-48 Zephyr trunks.

If the 16" wheel you found in your trunk measures 5 inches between the tire beads, it would be a 1941 wheel and I would be interested in buying it. I have several stock 1947 15" wheels that I don't need any more.

Perhaps we could make a deal? email me at: kcd@texas.net

post-32768-143137892822_thumb.jpg

Guest boblove

Thanks Phil, the photos are great and will help me a lot in getting the coupe back to a resemblence of its former grandeur. Anyway, at least like it should look. The wheel (and tire) is yours if you want it. I'll even do a straight trade if you like. The tire is in real good shape with good tread, wide white wall, not rotted. See attached pic. All I really need is a good 15" wheel. I can always get a tire to use as a spare. I'm located near Tallahasse, FL.

post-31354-143137892828_thumb.jpg