Fuel line

gdcont

Guest Curt Fouse

I put my 48 LZ convertible up on the rack today, doing wiring. I thought about your post and measured my gas line. It is 1/4 inch. I would have guessed that it would be 5/16" but shows what I know! My guess is that your LC would use the same size line. A previous owner had installed a gasoline filter back near the tank. It has a clear housing, and looks clean.

Curt

Hi Curt, thanks for checking. You're right it is the correct size. I spoke with Jake Fleming and he believed it was 1/4" also. In case you aren't familiar with me previous post and problem, my '48 Continental would lose power under a load, such as going up a steep hill. Speaking with Jake he explained what he did to repair his Lincoln with the same problem. He said that if you take out the spring under the diaphragm in the fuel pump and stretch it 1/2" longer it will make the diaphragm return quicker therefor increasing the pressure output of the pump. It worked,at idle I was getting 1 1/2 pounds of pressure, after the spring stretch I had 3 pounds and no power lose under a load. Sorry this post is so long but I have been dealing with this situation for several years. I have spent some money mostly for parts that made some difference but this was the definite fix. Thank You to Jake Fleming and everyone else that helped. Now on to other issue with the car. George.