Looking for good mechanic in Mass for 47 Lincoln

Guest paulb

Guest paulb

Hello all,

I broke out my fathers 47 Lincoln today. We put a 6 volt alternator in and got her fired up and drove it about for a while. I am looking for a good mechanic who can give it a good tune up and clean up.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Paul

Guest paulb

Hello,

The Car is in Scituate. I want to find someone who can do a good job. I should have asked for Rhode Island and New Hampshire as well.

Thank you,

Paul

Your best bet for routine maintenance and minor repairs can be found by looking in a mirror. Take the time to get to know your Lincoln, when you are talking a 60 year old machine, you have to be able to handle the easy stuff. Around home, you can usually hire a mechanic, with a little research. It might be too much of a hassle if you are travelling more than a couple of hours from home and you need an emergency repair. Carry common tools, common spare parts, don't forget the 6V bulbs (many auto parts stores no longer stock 6V bulbs) Being self sufficient on the road is one of the joys of old car motoring.

if you are concerned about electrical systems and ignition i would call jake fleming and have him clean up and set distributor, change plugs and check plug wires. the fun of these cars is learning how to do the tune up stuff. david

Guest paulb

I am new here so I don't know who he is. Can I get a clean distributor from him? Also do you have any recommendations on plugs? I will probably end up doing it myself.

Thank you,

Paul

jake fleming is number one expert on lincoln electrical and ignition. i sent my distributor, coil and condensers to him and he checked them all out, cleaned and set points, and synchronized distributor. he also cleaned it all up. he is the lzoc technical advisor and is a great guy to give you ideas on how to diagnose problems with that v12. he also rebuilds radios. i have found him willing to go to great detail to answer any questions i have. just call him up in dallas at214-333-3197. i use champion H12 plugs which can be bought a NAPA or ordered from earle brown at 724-941-4587. earle has a price list on the lzoc website under sources. if you talk to jake you will be well on your way to a smooth running and easy starting v12. attached is a photo of my engine after cleanup and some paint. david

post-42668-143137892122_thumb.jpg